给中小学生推荐本好书Diary of aWimpy Kid

来源: flyer 2012-03-02 13:45:55 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (6362 bytes)

逊咖日记:葛瑞不能说的祕密

连续三年,「中小学生优良课外读物推介」!
  连续两年,全美儿童票选奖「最喜爱的书」!
  连续47週,《纽约时报》儿童短篇小说排行版第一名!
  Amazon.com读者五颗星★★★★★最高评价!
  翻译成32种语言,全美热销突破3,500万册!
  本书作者获选《TIME》杂誌「全球最具影响力人物」!
  改编成电影《逊咖冒险王2︰不能说的祕密》。

祕密已经守不住了,说什麽也不能再去学校!

葛瑞期待的新学期就要开始,他逊毙了的暑假发生了很多不幸的事:爸爸一定要他参加游泳队、哥哥罗德里克抢走了他的那本日记……,还有一件,他连提都不想提的事。不幸的是,这个绝对不能说的祕密,居然被罗德里克知道了,逊咖要怎麽堵住哥哥的嘴呢?隐藏的真相,即将爆发……。

《逊咖日记:葛瑞不能说的祕密》来势汹汹,在美初上市就夺下《纽约时报》排行榜第一名,硬是挤下已蝉联冠军宝座长达47週的《逊咖日记》第一集《葛瑞的中学求生记》。书中的的主角葛瑞是位个子瘦小,正在等待「转大人」的中学生。自从妈妈逼他写日记後,葛瑞开始将生活中的大小事情一一记录下来,透过他自以为是及挖苦戏谑的笔调,搭配趣味横生的活泼插图,生活中每一个看似平凡的事件,都变成一则则令人拍案叫绝的爆笑趣事。

阅读英文小说,是增进英语能力最自然的方法!

大家都知道,「英文阅读」是增进英语能力最自然的方法。然而,在选择阅读素材时,读者不但常有「文学名著太遥远、童书绘本太简单、英文新闻太严肃」的困扰,也常因内容不够贴近生活、情节过时或用字太难,以致於缺乏「往下阅读」的乐趣,读起来成效不彰,甚至半途而废。

《逊咖日记》是一本用字浅显的生活小说,绝对让你笑破肚皮的情结,完全不同於沉闷教材的枯燥乏味。引人入胜的故事情节,让读者在字里行间中,无形中学会单字,熟悉句型用法,更开启了解英美文化的视窗。

Editorial Reviews

Amazon.com Review

Amazon Exclusive: A Q&A with Jeff Kinney

Question: Given all the jobs that you have--game designer, fatherhood, Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie work, etc.,--do you have a certain time that you set aside to write?

Kinney: I still treat writing like a hobby, working mostly at night and sometimes on weekends. But when a deadline looms my hobby time gets extended into the wee hours of the night. It's not uncommon for me to work until 4:00 a.m., and I'm usually back at work by 9:00 a.m.

Q: Did you get to choose which character you would play in the Wimpy Kid films (Mr. Hills)? What do you enjoy most about working on the movies?

Kinney: I never any real desire to appear in the Wimpy Kid films, but one day my wife encouraged me to be an extra in one of the crowd scenes. So I walked onto the set, ready to ask the assistant director to put me somewhere in the back. It happened that right at that moment the director was looking for someone to play the role of Mr. Hills, Holly Hills's father. What I didn't realize was that I'd be front and center in the church scene, and in the new movie, I'm even more prominent. I'm incredibly self-conscious so appearing on-camera was a real stretch for me.

Q: In 2009 Time magazine named you as one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World--what’s the first thing you did after you found out?

Kinney: I thought it was a practical joke, so I tried to track down the source of the joke. I eventually reached a voicemail of a reporter who said they worked for Time, and at that point I thought it was just a well-planned practical joke. It took me a while to realize it was for real. It was a big honor, but I don't take it very seriously. I'm the fourth most influential person in my own house.

Q: Would you ever consider making Wimpy Kid into a newspaper comic strip or creating another one? Do you have any favorite comic strips that you currently read?

Kinney: I've considered it. I set out to become a newspaper cartoonist but failed to break in. But I like the freedom books give me, so it would be tough to cram my ideas into three or four panels.

Q: What is (or could be) you motto in life?

Kinney: I was inspired to write by a Benjamin Franklin quote: "Well done is better than well said." But I always encourage kids to "create something great," because the tools to create something original and find an audience are available to them like never before.

Q: What was your favorite year in school, and why?

Kinney: Fifth grade was my favorite year. I had a great teacher, Mrs. Norton, who encouraged me to be funny and challenged me to be a better artist and joke-teller than I was. I liked it that she didn't coddle me.

Q: Kids now ask for a book that is “like Diary of a Wimpy Kid,” and with this series you’ve created a whole new subset of books for young readers--how does it feel to be the person behind such massive book enjoyment, reaching reluctant readers, and spawning any number of titles that aspire to be “the next Wimpy Kid?”

Kinney: I'm happy that kids are reading. I think graphical books reach kids who might otherwise see books as work. Books should be fun!

所有跟帖: 

儿子1年级时喜欢这书,学了一些精致的淘气。 -lily3- 给 lily3 发送悄悄话 lily3 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/02/2012 postreply 13:56:55

My son got whole set (about 6 or 7 books so far) from Santa last -Rockeymountain- 给 Rockeymountain 发送悄悄话 Rockeymountain 的博客首页 (110 bytes) () 03/02/2012 postreply 14:13:27

我三年纪的女儿也读完这个series. 过后又读完dork's diary. 她都挺喜欢的. -duckpear- 给 duckpear 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/02/2012 postreply 14:35:47

我们也买了全套。 -阳阳阳阳- 给 阳阳阳阳 发送悄悄话 (73 bytes) () 03/02/2012 postreply 19:43:38

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”