如果不需要工作就不要工作啊. Life is short, enjoy it while you can!

来源: goingplaces 2022-07-22 14:00:34 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1511 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ goingplaces ] 在 2022-07-22 18:26:13 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

When had to work, could only get away no more than 4 times a year.  Soon, we found such life style was too demanding.  The co-workers in my office asked me where we went each time,  then they said,  did you guys ever just travel within US?  How come each trip was so far away?  哈哈

Once we no longer had to work for a living, then the trips became longer and longer.  The time away from home in a year got longer and longer, from 2 to 3 weeks to 4 to 5 weeks each trip.  Unfortunately because of my husband's health needs (regular blood tests are required),  we still cannot be away from home for longer than 45 to 50 days on each trip.  Since last October he has changed medication, and that one does not require regular blood tests.  May be next year we can spend more time in Europe either late Spring or late Summer/early Fall, stay put in some small towns for extended time.

My husband has this crazy logic - the time spent on long flights to / from would be reduced to much less duration per day away from home, on a longer trip.    He does not even like to get on a 7 days cruise from home port because of the time spent at boarding the cruise!  (disembarkation is quick but embarkation is always long, no exception). 

所有跟帖: 

Wow so inspiring! -巴黎到罗马- 给 巴黎到罗马 发送悄悄话 巴黎到罗马 的博客首页 (983 bytes) () 07/22/2022 postreply 14:42:25

Once you realize no matter how hard you work, you will still -goingplaces- 给 goingplaces 发送悄悄话 (2317 bytes) () 07/22/2022 postreply 18:45:18

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”