If it is a roadtrip, I put down the places we want to go

来源: Lvtotravel 2006-11-08 21:18:26 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1464 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ Lvtotravel ] 在 2006-11-09 11:24:26 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: Ding! this boatride is GREAT!lvtotravel2006-11-08 11:08:35
LD is responsible to link the places together - he is excellent in mapping out routes, calculating miles driven, time needed, where to spend the night etc. We tend to drive long distance when getting from Pt A to Pt B.

Then I would check the lodging options based on the towns he suggested - often I would find we need to detour here and there, in order to get the proper lodging (either we can priceline it or use pts).

We did a similar big circle in early May of 2005. Started from San Diego - took a rental car the morning we got off our cruise (14day from Ft.Lauderdale, full Panama Canal crossing). Drove I-8 and I-10 to Scottsdale. Spent 2 nights in Scottsdale vicinity. Drove to Flagstaff via Sedona. Used Flagstaff as based for Grand Canyon. After Grand Canyon we went to Glen Canyon, Monument Valley, Gooseneck SP. Later went west thru Zion to Las Vegas. 2 Nights in Las Vegas, then to Los Angeles to have lunch w/a friend the following day (Big mistake as this lunch date costed us 7 hours on freeway driving down to San Diego). Spent a night in San Diego and flew home the next day. Total time: 8 days, Total miles driven: 3500 (a lot of backtracking in the Grand Canyon - Monument Valley area). Of the NPs, Grand Canyon and Zion were revisits. Didn't have time to fit Arches and Canyonland in as they are too out of the way. Also did not go to Bryce as we visited it before and it was also out of the way (lots of backtracking also).

所有跟帖: 

俺本以为LD都是领袖人物 -erdong- 给 erdong 发送悄悄话 (40 bytes) () 11/09/2006 postreply 10:30:58

we fight a lot on the road - he drives, I navigate... -Lvtotravel- 给 Lvtotravel 发送悄悄话 (53 bytes) () 11/09/2006 postreply 10:41:08

so are you suggeting the thing about woman and -moab- 给 moab 发送悄悄话 moab 的博客首页 (27 bytes) () 11/09/2006 postreply 11:18:07

not knowing what you mean - usually the navigator is correct -Lvtotravel- 给 Lvtotravel 发送悄悄话 (370 bytes) () 11/09/2006 postreply 13:16:25

my bad, I was just teasing...how the general American -moab- 给 moab 发送悄悄话 moab 的博客首页 (77 bytes) () 11/09/2006 postreply 20:47:19

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”