Lost In Paradise - Oahu: Day Five

来源: Gardenia_On_The_Bay 2012-10-23 16:42:17 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (13909 bytes)

Today was Tuesday, October 16. The plan was to go to Hanauma Bay at south east Oahu, a prime snorkeling spot.

Unfortunately, it was closed on Tuesdays, which none of the info sites on the web had mentioned! So we decided to go visit the famed Waikiki beach, instead.

Before turning back, we stopped at this vista point.

Rather rocky shoreline, the layered rock was quite unique.

Kalakaua Avenue turned into a parking lot leading into Waikiki. It seems that this was the glitziest part of the town with designer shops lining one side of the street.

Now we were on the famed Waikiki..

Honestly, I was quite disappointed with the quality of the beach. It's nowhere as nice and secluded as what we had back at our resort. Nevertheless, the kids started playing in the water and on the sand.

This was Marriott Waikiki beach, which I almost booked. Thank God I listened to a friend of mine and booked the resort we were in now!

A souvenir shot for my beloved crocs which had been serving me quite well on this trip.

So much for sightseeing. Time to head back to our resort. Who was that handsome young man?!

Back at the resort. It's much more manicured and soothing..

The kids went to the pool again.

My daughter wanted to do the water slide again, so I took her there. She loved it so much that she did it over and over again and convinced me to give it a try as well. One trial turned into many. I loved it! Here my daughter was walking up to the slide.

We had so much fun shooting out of the tube! Too bad my little boy would not give it a try. He was really missing out.

After everyone was neat and clean, we went to Chuck's Steaks & Seafood, right on the resort, for dinner.

We were seated outside by the koi fish pond with a view of the ocean.

My Blue Hawaii.

My daughter making something using wikki sticks.

And here is what she made, a little girl figure.

Sunset seen from where we sat.

The entree came with a salad bar. Here was my creation.

My entree - scallops

My hu*****and's entree - sautéed fish of the day, which was opah.

Both dishes were done superbly.

My hu*****and and I shared a dessert - mango berry cobbler.

My daughter had rainbow sherbet, and the little boy was too full with his pasta and skipped dessert.

My little boy, the family goofball, kept himself busy by drawing battleships and these -

He apparently felt quite proud by making jokes on the word "seafood", typical juvenile sense of humor :-). Anything that has to do with the bodily waste excretion function feels hilarious to him!

He also announced that he was going to write a song, and here it was.

How sweet he was!

Now the sun had set.

What a perfect day! Good night.

请在这阅读我的更多的博客文章

- Lost In Paradise - Oahu: Day Four

- 我的新欢最爱再加山寨Fleur Pellerin

- 再访北京-第一次经历天坛

- Lost In Paradise - Oahu: Day Two

所有跟帖: 

A holiday wrapped with love, laugh and wonderful memories:) -弹指一瞬间- 给 弹指一瞬间 发送悄悄话 弹指一瞬间 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/23/2012 postreply 16:58:21

回复:A holiday wrapped with love, laugh and wonderful memories:) -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (122 bytes) () 10/23/2012 postreply 17:07:57

片片太有度假的感觉了,看得我都不想上班了。。又见红裙美女。。赞一个CROCS -clock-tower- 给 clock-tower 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/23/2012 postreply 17:05:02

谢谢。不管信不信,这是 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (96 bytes) () 10/23/2012 postreply 17:11:00

我给女儿买过crocs,她最喜欢穿了,很舒服,我也准备备一双 -clock-tower- 给 clock-tower 发送悄悄话 (84 bytes) () 10/23/2012 postreply 17:21:46

Yes, highly recommend it! 不 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (89 bytes) () 10/23/2012 postreply 17:57:46

:) 听你的, 那就来一双试试 -clock-tower- 给 clock-tower 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/23/2012 postreply 18:11:12

Such great colors. Is that the red Calvin Klein dress you bought -ECityBlues- 给 ECityBlues 发送悄悄话 ECityBlues 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/23/2012 postreply 18:14:55

回复:Such great colors. Is that the red Calvin Klein dress you bou -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (41 bytes) () 10/23/2012 postreply 18:26:02

美丽假日美丽一家人!我们加入了Hilton Timeshare多年,Grand Waikikian Suites -逍遥白鹤- 给 逍遥白鹤 发送悄悄话 逍遥白鹤 的博客首页 (81 bytes) () 10/24/2012 postreply 08:28:54

回复:美丽假日美丽一家人!我们加入了Hilton Timeshare多年,Grand Waikikian Suites -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (264 bytes) () 10/24/2012 postreply 10:02:49

心旷神怡的假期! -农村四季- 给 农村四季 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/24/2012 postreply 13:27:21

度假天堂, 美景加美食! -冰雪小雨- 给 冰雪小雨 发送悄悄话 冰雪小雨 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/24/2012 postreply 19:03:21

谢谢楼上两位MMs。只可 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (28 bytes) () 10/24/2012 postreply 19:08:55

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”