Lost In Paradise - Oahu: Day Three

来源: Gardenia_On_The_Bay 2012-10-18 18:42:19 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (11299 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ Gardenia_On_The_Bay ] 在 2012-10-18 18:46:38 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

The third day (October 14) saw the family having breakfast on the balcony. The moment was perfect - very few people up and around yet, and tranquility was in the air.

Our plan was to go to East Oahu, the wet side of the island. There were two attractions on the list, the Hoomaluhia Botanical Garden and the Byodo-in Temple.

On our way, we could see the change in climate and thus vegetation. It's greener than where we stayed, which was West Oahu. The mountain was lush in greens and shrouded in mist.

It was raining when we parked our car at the visitor's center. Daddy went in to see if they had umbrellas for sale and came back with a negative news and an advice from the park ranger that we would need bug sprays. Luckily, there was a Longs Drug about a mile away, so we turned back and went to get the stuff we would need.

When we got back in with the umbrella, the rain had stopped, however. With the bug spray on, we started towards the lake.

The garden was simply beautiful, beyond any words I could utter. Plenty of exotic tropical plants. My favorite was the variety of Heliconia, each one with colors so vibrant that it could melt your heart.

The kids were quite excited seeing all these exotic-looking plants. They were eager to learn about every one of them.

These striking leaves caught my eyes immediately while walking to the lake.

So were these "chili peppers" on a tree...

...and this beautiful red flora..

The lake was well in sight now, just cross a huge lawn.

There was a herd of ducks on the lawn that immediately captured my daughter's attention.

I was also fascinated by this spiky tree. My, my, my, who dares to climb me!

Interestingly, there were so many fish right by the bank. The density was so much that a lot of them were practically on top of each other! There, my precious trio watching the fish in wonder.

We took a further walk along the lake.

Some of the notables I saw along the way.

We came upon this huge bamboo grove. I was in awe and could not tear myself away from it..

We climbed on top of a little hill overlooking the lake. There were a couple of stone benches seemingly donated in the name of the donor's beloved ones. My daughter called me over and pointed to the engraving on one of the benches and asked what it meant. It said "In loving memory of (name), month/date/year - month/date/year", and the two month/date/year were exactly the same. At that moment, though I had no idea who she was, sadness descended on my heart. It's where the two kids were trying to sit cross legged to meditate. I was helping my boy to get into position.

This was the last picture I took when we left the garden, a place definitely well worth the trip.

The next stop was the Byodo-in Temple. It was situated at the back of a cemetery.

Though nowhere in comparison to the temples we visited in Kyoto a few years back, it had its own charm.

Trying hard to ring the bell..

Both kids, I as well, enjoyed feeding the birds and the koi. It's always wondrous whenever humans come in close contact with nature...

The black swan was mingling with the koi fish.

Daddy lighting incenses for the family..

We set out on our way back after the temple. The kids were in high spirit when we got back and wanted to go swimming.

My daughter was in a mood to try the water slide again, and when we got there, the guard on duty was locking the gate, and at my request, she kindly made an exception, and here my daughter was shooting out of the tube, happily thrilled this time.

She would do it again.

Another day passed in paradise. Good night.

PS: The crochet top was bought from a street vendor many years ago in Bangkok when the family meant just my hu*****and and me. The last time I wore it on a beach happened to be in Maui back in 2006 when we were there for a friend's wedding. My daughter then was only about 2 years old. Here is the picture back then.

Same top, same shorts, but different times. And one more thing that stands eternal is the love and bond between mother and daughter.

请在这阅读我的更多的博客文章

- Lost In Paradise - Oahu: Arrival

- Lost In Paradise - Oahu: Day Two

- 我的新欢最爱再加山寨Fleur Pellerin

所有跟帖: 

Now fully posted. Thanks. Today -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (53 bytes) () 10/18/2012 postreply 18:43:48

Last day huh? All good things come to an end. -ECityBlues- 给 ECityBlues 发送悄悄话 ECityBlues 的博客首页 (61 bytes) () 10/18/2012 postreply 19:15:54

Yes, unfortunately. I was just -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (61 bytes) () 10/18/2012 postreply 19:34:14

我自己看了,也感 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (37 bytes) () 10/18/2012 postreply 19:44:14

我终于知道啥叫“宁静致远”了!要回家了,一路平安呵! -烟花聚- 给 烟花聚 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/18/2012 postreply 19:22:25

回复:我终于知道啥叫“宁静致远”了!要回家了,一路平安呵! -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (51 bytes) () 10/18/2012 postreply 19:36:45

I love those beautiful exotic tropical flowers! -rosebush- 给 rosebush 发送悄悄话 rosebush 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/18/2012 postreply 22:46:56

Yes, it's truly nature's wonder! -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/18/2012 postreply 22:54:08

你的这些片片让我想起了一首歌,over the rainbow, 很仙 -clock-tower- 给 clock-tower 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/19/2012 postreply 00:59:26

From Wizard of the Oz? 呵呵,太巧 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (61 bytes) () 10/19/2012 postreply 09:36:29

握手:-D -clock-tower- 给 clock-tower 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/19/2012 postreply 14:18:56

景色真美,一家人很温馨!建议:你的小身板再稍稍增点磅会更有女人味滴~~~ -逍遥白鹤- 给 逍遥白鹤 发送悄悄话 逍遥白鹤 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/19/2012 postreply 07:49:58

你家小儿女都有耐心练打坐啦,太不容易了 -逍遥白鹤- 给 逍遥白鹤 发送悄悄话 逍遥白鹤 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/19/2012 postreply 07:57:10

哈哈, 她和弟弟 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (129 bytes) () 10/19/2012 postreply 09:54:49

谢谢白鹤JJ. 增 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (27 bytes) () 10/19/2012 postreply 09:39:47

就是这么回事。如果肉肉长不到正地儿,还不如别长。至少从背影看还年轻哈! -Lilylady- 给 Lilylady 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/19/2012 postreply 11:45:57

对不起栀子花,我不是说你,我本人也常常为增肥或减肥矛盾着。恨死肚子上的肥肉了,为了不让腰围和腹部影响全局,只有放弃其他地方的丰满 -Lilylady- 给 Lilylady 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/19/2012 postreply 11:53:03

回复:对不起栀子花,我不是说你,我本人也常常为增肥或减肥矛盾着。恨死肚子上的肥肉了,为了不让腰围和腹部影响全局,只有放弃其他地方 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (101 bytes) () 10/19/2012 postreply 12:28:54

过得真滋润!你可真瘦啊!DJ一下:) -greenlawn- 给 greenlawn 发送悄悄话 greenlawn 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/20/2012 postreply 11:48:31

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”