很特殊的一天(有图,慎入)

来源: Gardenia_On_The_Bay 2012-08-19 17:17:17 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5465 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ Gardenia_On_The_Bay ] 在 2012-08-19 17:35:08 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

这是大约三星期前写的,以纪念儿子的一个重要的里程碑。。也是有感而发。我想这个坛子里的时尚妈妈可能都会不时有这感觉。。

Today, August 01, 2012, was a special day, for our little boy, still a baby in my eyes, started kindergarten.

I had asked him whether he's excited that he was going to kindergarten soon, and it was always "yeah" until the day before, and he changed his answer to a smiling "no". My guess is that he was a bit apprehensive now that it's real:-). Maybe I am biased, but after all, he is only 5 and kindergarten represents such a big change for him, so I think I know what's prompted that "no"...

Let me go on - the whole family got up early today, because, even though our daughter's bell ring would not be until 8:20am, the kindergarten bell rings at 8:00am. By the time we all got out of the door, it was only less than 10 minutes away from the bell ring..Hopefully this would be an exception not the norm.

Our little kindergartner walking to the car, shouldering his new super Mario backpack..

Daddy dropped us off and then went to park the car. We, of course, walked to his classroom first. I wanted to take a picture of him in front of the classroom, but he was not cooperating, and I ended up with one with him making a funny face.

The door opened a couple of minutes after we got there. Even though he is usually a very outgoing boy, he became a bit timid at first when it was time to go into the room with his new teacher greeting by the door. A bit out of character, he was holding my leg and a bit shy of going in. At my encouragement, he introduced himself to the teacher and stepped into his own kindergarten class for the first time..

Seeing Daddy come in, I left with our daughter for her class.

When I got back, I gathered that the teacher had read them "The Kissing Hand", since the class started working on the cards. As I recall, my daughter did exactly the same thing on her first day of kindergarten. For those of you who haven't heard of the book, "The Kissing Hand" is about a raccoon who was reluctant to go to kindergarten for the first time and wanted to stay with his Mommy instead. Mommy printed a kiss on his hand and told him to press his hand to his cheek whenever he missed Mommy, and he would feel Mommy's kiss... The class activity was inspired by the story.

The poem on the cover of the cards..

His perfect hand print and my not-so-perfect one....and the one he decorated for me to take with me..

The one with my handprint was left to accompany him in school...

The class only lasted about 1 hour for this first day. Our son, now officially a kindergartner, proudly walking with Daddy to the car..

Seeing him, I could not help thinking back. How fast time has gone by and how fast he has grown!

I think it was Demi Moore who was the first to have her beautiful naked pregnant body on a magazine cover quite some years ago, and thanks to her, I had the courage to post mine, though in a much more modest manner, of course, to commemorate the day our boy started kindergarten. This was three days before he was born..

.....and the day he was born..

What a big milestone for him and our entire family!

请在这阅读我的更多的博客文章

- 儿子学中文- 学写字

- 真人秀- 我的新败(II)

- Yet Another Rendition Of The Angry Birds

所有跟帖: 

爱心妈妈!祝你儿子茁壮成长! -甜姐- 给 甜姐 发送悄悄话 甜姐 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/19/2012 postreply 17:34:58

谢谢甜姐!Have a great week ahead. -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/19/2012 postreply 18:40:07

祝贺!孩子的每一点进步,妈妈都会感慨万千吧。。;) -bambooseven- 给 bambooseven 发送悄悄话 bambooseven 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/19/2012 postreply 18:12:30

谢谢。是啊,自从 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (168 bytes) () 08/19/2012 postreply 18:45:19

回复:很特殊的一天(有图,慎入) -烟花聚- 给 烟花聚 发送悄悄话 (199 bytes) () 08/19/2012 postreply 19:10:10

回复:回复:很特殊的一天(有图,慎入) -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (33 bytes) () 08/19/2012 postreply 20:29:26

被你的文字和图片感动 -krystal- 给 krystal 发送悄悄话 krystal 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/19/2012 postreply 19:18:38

谢谢Krystal.. -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/19/2012 postreply 20:32:23

真是好文字,顶。 -津津- 给 津津 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/19/2012 postreply 19:31:45

谢谢津津。再次谢谢visiting my blog. Good night. -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/19/2012 postreply 20:33:41

阿,给我回复我好高兴啊。看你的博客是享受啊。 -津津- 给 津津 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/20/2012 postreply 04:36:07

第一天送女儿去上学的情形也仍旧历历在目,看着孩子每一个脚步,总是感概万千... -弹指一瞬间- 给 弹指一瞬间 发送悄悄话 弹指一瞬间 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/19/2012 postreply 20:04:05

All part of being a mother... -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/19/2012 postreply 20:36:52

Sweet post, :) -ECityBlues- 给 ECityBlues 发送悄悄话 ECityBlues 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/20/2012 postreply 08:19:47

Thank you. -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/20/2012 postreply 16:23:43

顶MM的好贴!小孩成长的每一步都让做父母的感慨万千。我家小乖明年这时候也该上kindergarten了。 -Mousa- 给 Mousa 发送悄悄话 Mousa 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/20/2012 postreply 11:39:37

可怜天下父母心。。。 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/20/2012 postreply 16:24:56

你英文太好了。虽然没时间读,但你好像把英文用得跟母语一样。 -doradora- 给 doradora 发送悄悄话 (61 bytes) () 08/20/2012 postreply 13:33:52

哈哈哈,和人吵架时也用英文。。。 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/20/2012 postreply 16:25:58

Touching! -chinesebuns- 给 chinesebuns 发送悄悄话 chinesebuns 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/20/2012 postreply 17:46:32

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”