真是挺感动的,坚强乐观开朗,算得上梅花香自苦寒来吧

来源: 袖底香 2012-01-29 10:18:43 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1661 bytes)

从她的blog转过来的

In addition to fashion, I’m also very passionate about juvenile justice.  I grew up in foster care, carried my belongings in a trash bag and worried about being homeless at the age of 18.  I worked three jobs in high school to save enough money to go to college and as a result feel truly blessed to have had the opportunity to do so.  I finished high school with honors, emancipated from the foster care system, and went to the University of California, Berkeley, where I graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Psychology.

Throughout my sophomore to senior year in college, I volunteered as a counselor at the Berkeley Free Clinic providing mental health services to the homeless community and also as a visiting teacher at Harding Elementary working with underprivileged students.  After college, I continued to work with marginalized communities, mainly as an educator.  I volunteered at the San Francisco Juvenile Detention Center, working with incarcerated youths in the maximum security unit, for over a year and a half.   Most of these youths, like me, were from broken homes and/or foster care.  I taught the high school curriculum with the goal of helping these youths pass the high school exit exam, so they’ll have a second chance in life once they leave juvenile hall.  Currently, I’m based in Los Angeles and volunteer at InsideOutWriters, a non-profit organization that provides mentorship to previously incarcerated youths.

所有跟帖: 

Co:真是挺感动的,坚强乐观开朗,算得上梅花香自苦寒来吧 -欢乐帽子- 给 欢乐帽子 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/01/2012 postreply 23:34:42

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”