There are a lot things you can do besides working

来源: elfie 2023-10-26 15:51:53 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1278 bytes)
回答: 也谈退休与工作心已远2023-10-26 06:33:02

Of course you can work till death if you want to. I just feel there are so many things I want to do and don't have time. I have very young children and a full time job. We need money badly.  I like to learn fishing, hand sewing, designing and making clothes. I like reading and learning different languages. Fishing requires a lot of spare time and a special skill set. We have a fishing education center that hosts many different free classes but I can't find time to participate. There's a nice senior center where elderly people( 55+) can play Mahjon and bridges and do quilting together.  And none of them are Chinese immigrants! I don't like hang out with Chinese people. They're not of my taste. I like black and white people more, especially elderly blacks. And I'd like to sit at Barnes and Noble reading the magazines of Economist and New Yorker for a half of a day if I can, then go to the ramen shop to have lunch.

I'd love to travel to a nearby scenic place, rent a cabin or cottage around the mountains and valleys in WV or Virginia.  It's peaceful and relaxing. I feel there's never enough time to relax and enjoy life. I will probably die before all these will happen.

所有跟帖: 

Too many things to do, no enough time. Then choose one. -雕耳郎- 给 雕耳郎 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/26/2023 postreply 18:20:47

I have done most of them, if not all of them. -心已远- 给 心已远 发送悄悄话 心已远 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/27/2023 postreply 06:14:41

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”