Retired general defends Mark Milley's calls to China on Fox News

来源: 小钉 2021-09-16 11:18:32 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5589 bytes)

Retired Gen. Jack Keane appeared Wednesday on The Story With Martha MacCallum, where he came to the defense of Gen.Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. In their upcoming book PerilBob Woodward and Robert Costa report that Milly made secret calls with China in October 2020 and January 2021 over fears former President Trump might start a war. The authors claim that the purpose of the calls was to assure his Chinese counterpart that Trump would not start a war.

While Republicans have become enraged by the reporting, calling Milley’s actions treasonous, and calling for him to resign or be fired, Keane says the calls were nothing out of the ordinary.

“Gen. Milley’s making a phone call to provide reassurances, which is his job,” Keane said. “I mean, he's executing his responsibility and he’s doing it in concert with his own advisers and then sharing that with the interagency.”

Keane also said that the president not being briefed on the calls was nothing unusual, and believes the whole story is being overblown.

“I don’t see anything that is undermining the civilian control of the military,” Keane said. “If you took the facts, that are, I think, being sensationalized in this report, that would be an issue, as you (McCallum) just regurgitated here. But that is not what the Pentagon is reporting. It seems to be pretty much in sync with what we're used to seeing.”

One of the points of outrage among some is the report that Milley made these calls in secret, with some critics believing he was undermining Trump, as has been the message in some segments on Fox News’s primetime shows. But Fox’s own Jennifer Griffin reported on Wednesday that the calls were in fact not secret, and that they were coordinated with multiple high-level Pentagon officials. It was even reported that Trump’s Secretary of Defense Mark Esper took the lead in the first call.

Keane believes that once the facts come out, they will be much less salacious than the stories being circulated right now.

所有跟帖: 

请关心职业军人想法的川粉看下这位将军怎么说的 -小钉- 给 小钉 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/16/2021 postreply 11:20:15

狐狸台发表双方不同的意见,好。 -Uusequery- 给 Uusequery 发送悄悄话 (54 bytes) () 09/16/2021 postreply 11:35:37

这位将军跟你这位网友比见识如何? -小钉- 给 小钉 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/16/2021 postreply 11:40:04

比我强多了。不过我提的那位将军不如你们。你们厉害。 -Uusequery- 给 Uusequery 发送悄悄话 (307 bytes) () 09/16/2021 postreply 11:47:27

很高兴你终于认识到米粒将军的做法符合常规 -小钉- 给 小钉 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/16/2021 postreply 12:06:44

谁跟你说我”认识到“?我承认这是一种来自军方的看法。有代表性。 -Uusequery- 给 Uusequery 发送悄悄话 (101 bytes) () 09/16/2021 postreply 12:10:19

好吧,是“你承认”不是“你认识”,my bad -小钉- 给 小钉 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/16/2021 postreply 12:33:11

对这个表示愤怒的粉们,这个电话有记录,有人证,川和普京通话的记录在哪儿? -westlake2017- 给 westlake2017 发送悄悄话 westlake2017 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/17/2021 postreply 06:29:32

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”