Biden's win in Congress are "not going anywhere"

来源: 偶尔不醉 2020-12-14 15:26:17 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (12627 bytes)

GOP senator says efforts to challenge Biden's win in Congress are "not going anywhere"

From CNN's Ted Barrett, Manu Raju and Daniella Diaz 

Senate Majority Whip John Thune
Senate Majority Whip John Thune Michael Brochstein/Sipa USA/AP/FILE

Senate Majority Whip John Thune said that Joe Biden is President-elect once he crosses 270 electoral votes and says efforts to challenge the results in Congress are “not going anywhere.” He said “it’s time for everybody to move on” after today.

Moments ago, Biden won electoral votes to officially clinch the presidency after California’s electors awarded him the state’s 55 electoral votes.

"Now that the electoral college has acted, are you prepared to call Biden President-elect?" CNN asked Thune today.

"Well I mean, once somebody gets 270, I understand they're ruling right now, but I think that's the process we have, yes," he replied.

Here's how the rest of the exchange went:

Q: You have no doubts?

Thune: "As soon as he crosses the 270 vote threshold, I mean there are still a couple of, I guess, last steps in the process, but in my view that's how in this country we decide presidential elections, that's our Constitution, and I believe in following the Constitution."

Q: Challenge electoral votes?

Thune: "It's their prerogative, it's allowed for in the Constitution, but it's not going anywhere. It's an opportunity for people to vent and protest, but in the end we have a clear way of determining a president, those steps have been adhered to, they've been followed, either the House can choose to do that, (inaudible)."

30 min ago

所有跟帖: 

还看不出来 -Xingfujiaren- 给 Xingfujiaren 发送悄悄话 Xingfujiaren 的博客首页 (32 bytes) () 12/14/2020 postreply 15:29:59

文题不对 -香片- 给 香片 发送悄悄话 香片 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/14/2020 postreply 15:48:52

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”