As Twitchy reported earlier, an Atlanta cop who shot and killed a man who stole a Taser and seemingly threatened him with it will be charged with felony murder and 10 other counts, according to the Fulton County district attorney.

We’ve been hearing ever since that police in Atlanta are making their displeasure with that charge known:

Just got this email from an Atlanta police officer:

"Atlanta police officers are refusing to answer the radio and walking off of the job. The county can go screw themselves. If you want a society without police we’ll give you one. Let it burn!"

My contacts in the Atlanta Police Department inform me that members from evening shift Zone 4 walked off the job shortly followed by Officers in Zone 3 and 6. The good members of the @Atlanta_Police will not stand for @FultonCountyDA’s activism in place of applying the law. https://twitter.com/jackposobiec/status/1273355470850404354 

Breaking: Sources confirm Atlanta Police officers in zone 6 have walked out. Sources say they drove back to their precinct, turned in their keys and went home. Officers in zone 3 are allegedly doing the same. @CBS46

View image on Twitter

Text from APD officer:

“I can confirm the walk-off is real. Whole shifts have left and overnight shifts are refusing to come in”

And they won't be the last. 99% of LEOs are good ppl who uphold their oath & do a thankless job. Why would they continue to do it if they're receiving even more hate? While being shamed & smeared for the actions of a few bad apples? I mean would you do that job?

To all the GOOD Officers, THANK YOU for your service... but none of us would blame you if you walked. We understand.

Dear Atlanta PD we will start a GoFundMe to support your families. How many unreasonable restrictions do Democrats think they can place on you before you say f**k it?

Good! Everyone has to stand up for the cops on this one. I am disgusted by what is going on. Am I still in the USA? WTF

This is how they're "defunding police" without actually doing it. They're gonna make it so bad that good cops retire and nobody will want to be one in the future.

I don’t blame them at all. No one in their city government has their back.

I don’t blame them. As much as that saddens and scares me I understand why they would. If I were a cop right now I would turn in my badge, go home, pull down the shades, lock the door and hug my family.