这是一个亲临抗议现场人写的经历。一个朋友FB分享

来源: Xingfujiaren 2020-06-02 07:51:03 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (9839 bytes)

a detailed and sobering account.  Well written and worth your time to read.

"Shared:
 On Sunday, May 31st I witnessed first hand the riots in Raleigh, North  Carolina. It wasn’t pleasant but I wanted to see for myself who these  people were and what was occurring. I wanted to see things on the street  with a perspective towards the strategy and tactics of protestors and  law enforcement. Seeing things first hand without any filters was  elucidating.

I was able to move about the city by car and on  foot and used direct emergency communication for details. For the most  part people left me alone and I was able to watch and observe what was  taking place. I spent about 4-5 hours doing so. I saw up close the  actions of the rioters and the responses of the police. More than a few  times I felt the brunt of pyrotechnics used from both sides, and  multiple times encountered clouds of tear gas. It was a chaotic  situation but it was possible to make out many details as the situation  evolved.

The majority of people I saw were young, about 10% were  gawkers and college kids out for a thrill, about 10% were  what I would  qualify as bad apples with no apparent political intentions just out to  take advantage of whatever might transpire, about 40% were there for  what they clearly felt was a legitimate protest of injustice, and about  40% were antifa types (actual antifa, black blok anarchists, and related  affinity groups) working to use everyone else to fight the police,  loot, burn, and cause mayhem. Most of the antifa types were white.  Outside of a few media, law enforcement, and a small handful of people  that work as "mediators" in some situations, I did not see any other  groups present, including counter protestors or other agitators as is  being frequently reported.

The protest began around 5pm and was  initially peaceful as the news frequently likes to focus on. It should  be noted that peaceful does not mean the crowd wasn't unruly and  confrontational; the amount of threatening signs and comments and chants  leveled at police, in some cases in their faces, was pretty intense and  ongoing. One tactic used is to agitate to provoke a police response (an  arrest or use of force) to which the protestors immediately react by  filming for propaganda as well as to stoke the crowd into a "they are  coming for us" mentality. The law enforcement I saw did not generally  respond to the provocations used and were pretty professional, almost  reserved. Within an hour it became very obvious those present had plans  to do more than be peaceful. From about 6pm on things got very intense  and increasingly more violent. The crowd frequently broke into multiple  groups and moved in different directions, a tactic often used to stretch  law enforcement thin and cause confusion regarding intent. Until around  11pm police for the most part were acting reactively and had not been  trying to clear each block, hold that ground gained, and disperse the  crowd completely. They did use tear gas and flash bang devices to clear  specific areas or when a certain group of protestors became a serious  threat. Groups of officers organized into “push teams” operated to clear  designated areas as needed. Though arrests were made mass arrests were  not.

Elements of any riot can be spontaneous and change with a  range of factors such as weather, time, size of crowd, police response,  the local population, density of the area, means of egress and ingress,  etc, and individuals in a riot can and do act completely independently.  The psychology of mob activity is a long studied and documented  phenomenon. That said, the majority of what I saw were clear coordinated  efforts by differing levels of people part of or related to antifa. It  was fairly easy to spot their coordinated movements and the actions they  led. I witnessed their use of hand held FRS radios for communication,  their use of drones for observation and harassment, their use of high  powered lasers to disable or harm police and their vehicles (noted  repeatedly on police radio), designated individuals with medical and  tear gas response supplies, tactical coordination by individuals out of  the fray but clearly calling shots, and empty pallets placed in the  areas of the protest (many people are reporting these being found in  cities around the US). None of those elements would be found at a  spontaneous protest about legitimate concerns by people expressing their  first amendment rights to protest grievances.

I saw communist,  anarchist and revolutionary flags and banners, and the individuals  carrying them made their goals obvious; insurrection. They directly and  indirectly were communicating with and leading the skirmishing of others  that were dressing and acting similar. There is absolutely no question  antifa was behind the riots I saw occurring in Raleigh. I strongly  suspect from what I have been seeing and reading the same can be said  about nearly every other city in the US as well. Antifa may be a loosely  based and amorphous group, but on the ground they are coordinated, they  have communications and equipment, they are planning, and they are  using elaborate and advanced tactics. The suggestions that small groups  of outside right wing agitators are responsible for the scale of  violence and damage being seen was not evidenced by anything I  personally witnessed.

The sentiments fueling the protests are  certainly legitimate and they are capitalizing on them to spur large  groups into direction-action style violence. Mobs of all sorts can get  violent and loot, but rarely do they involve such coordinated and  targeted attacks, and rarely do they last multiple nights across  multiple cities all experiencing similar events. That stems from a  concerted effort by core groups of hard core extremists who are using  the weight of  actual concerned protestors to back fill what their total  numbers could not otherwise make up. But make no mistake, together they  are creating an extremely violent and extremely dangerous situation.

Notably, these types of protestors (the revolutionary extremists) have  gained experience from a decade of protests about everything from Wall  Street, to police, to war, to general left wing issues. Antifa type  extremists have for many years used the cover of other protests to push  their violent agenda. In most instances that resulted in broken windows,  damaged vehicles, political graffiti, and localized destruction. Rarely  did it ever occur in more than one or two connected areas or for mores  than a night or two. They’ve learned from their experiences since 2008.  In some cities revolutionary book stores give classes both openly and  covertly on protest tactics and techniques. With the help of a willing  mob they are now using all sorts of new means (and many not so new) to  wreak havoc and violence on a massive scale. I can not be any clearer:  antifa, black blok anarchists, and their direct affinity groups are  specifically focused on violent revolution, abolishing police, and  crushing capitalism. The pain of the death of George Floyd is real, and  they are using it to further their own revolutionary political agenda.  That may sound hyperbolic, and I wish it was, but it isn't. Their  slogans, their flags, their banners, their statements online, their  flyers, their past history, and their actions on the ground all make  clear what they want. This isn't chic college angst or pent up anger,  this is an expression of revolutionary violence on an scale not  previously witnessed in the United States.

This isn’t likely to  end until people get a better understanding of what is happening, and  ideally before it's too late. I don't know if these actions will spread  to more suburban and rural areas but that in part depends on how the  leaders in our impacted cities respond right now. Legitimate protest  leaders need to completely and unequivocally distance themselves from  anyone willing to engage in violence of any sort. Our civic leaders need  to step up and put a stop to this. Curfews need to be set and the  streets need to be a no-go zone for rioters. Resorting to phalanxes of  National Guard on our streets is a sad but necessary step because things  have gotten seriously out of control. Police rules of engagement need  to immediately switch from defensive and reactive formations and crowd  techniques to offensive and proactive. You can not control a brazen and  dynamic, coordinated group of revolutionary rioters by only responding  to their actions and giving them freedom of movement away from their  direct targets.

It is my hope people will quickly become aware  of what is actually occurring on our streets in these riots. The role of  antifa and their affinity groups must be understood. We have no freedom  when extremists are actively engaged in threatening the basic rights of  all Americans through their violent assaults."

所有跟帖: 

这人很专业啊。是谁啊。 -borisg- 给 borisg 发送悄悄话 borisg 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/02/2020 postreply 08:01:39

A mom with -Xingfujiaren- 给 Xingfujiaren 发送悄悄话 Xingfujiaren 的博客首页 (48 bytes) () 06/02/2020 postreply 08:21:20

谢谢分享,希望更多的人清醒地面上在发生什么 -happycoffee- 给 happycoffee 发送悄悄话 happycoffee 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/02/2020 postreply 08:23:18

非常好,谢谢佳人分享。 -Oona- 给 Oona 发送悄悄话 Oona 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/02/2020 postreply 08:48:29

问好。不客气 -Xingfujiaren- 给 Xingfujiaren 发送悄悄话 Xingfujiaren 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/02/2020 postreply 09:24:57

谢谢转载。这种有组织的犯罪必须受法律制裁!犯罪组织必须清除! -lakeviewredhouse- 给 lakeviewredhouse 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/02/2020 postreply 10:12:27

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”