长姿势 - 狗主人的字典里永远不要有的七句话

来源: 琳琳mom 2014-11-07 16:11:41 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (46470 bytes)

首先检讨,这七句是我的常用语。从今天开始认真对待,决不乱用。其实,其中的根本是作为主人我们永远无法预测陌生狗,陌生人会对自己的宝贝产生怎样的作用,就像我们永远不会宣布我们和所有的人都合得来一样。尊重狗儿的领地,尊重自己,才能持久地给狗宝愉快的生活。说到底,做狗主人对狗儿,对自己,对社会对有一份责任。 与大家共勉。

(抱歉, 只给了标题的中文。)

7 Phrases That Should Never be in a Dog Owners Vocabulary

If you’ve spent any time around dogs and their owners, you’ve probably heard at least a few of these phrases pop out of someone’s mouth at the dog park, the vet, while on a walk, or when visiting a friend. 

Perhaps you’ve even muttered a couple of them yourself, since most people have.

On the surface these phrases may seem harmless enough, but when you take a look at why they are being uttered, it is easy to see that their usage may indicate a lack of boundaries in others, a behavior problem of a dog, or lack of insight on the part of the dog owner.

By taking the steps needed to eliminate them from our vocabulary, we can go a long way in protecting our dogs from possible danger.

“My dog will never bite.”  - 我的狗狗从来不咬人

Assuming your dog will never bite is the most dangerous assumption there is.  When it comes to dogs, their behavior simply can’t be predicted 100% of the time; just as you can’t predict the behavior of the people who will encounter your dog 100% of the time.  A healthy dose of respect for what your dog is capable of doing, and not giving another person a free pass to behave however they choose around your dog, will go a long way to protect you and your dog from potentially dire consequences.

“My dog loves all other dogs.”我的狗狗喜欢所有的狗狗

While this may have been true with every strange dog your dog has encountered, there could be that one dog out there in the doggy stratosphere that is capable of pushing your dog’s hot buttons. Always use caution when introducing dogs and never let a strange dog invade your dog’s space.

“My dog loves kids.”我的狗狗喜欢孩子

If there is one phrase worse than, “my dog will never bite,” it’s “my dog loves kids”.  Your dog may love your kids, and your dog may love every other kid he’s ever met, but it is not wise to assume he will love all kids.  Kids come in all ages, shapes, sizes, colors, personalities, and temperaments. The odds are, one day a kid will come along that your dog just does not like (we’ve all met that one kid, right?).  When that day comes, protect your dog by not allowing strangers to force their kids on your dog.

“My dog is friendly to everyone!” 我的狗狗对人都很友好

If your dog has been friendly with every person he’s ever met, that is great but uttering these words to everyone you meet is virtually the same as saying, “come on over, you’re more than welcome to pet my dog.”  When this happens, you lose control over who gets to pet your dog, as well as how they approach your dog.  Maintain some healthy respect for you and your dog by establishing boundaries and not allowing everyone to who approaches to touch your dog-unless you invite them to.  

“Let the dogs take care of it themselves.”狗狗的纠纷让他们自己解决好了

Just because your dog is a pack social structure whiz kid, doesn’t mean the other dogs he encounters will be.  By allowing dogs to control the outcome of a scuffle (at a dog park for instance), tension between dogs can quickly build and spill over into a dog fight.    Always step in to protect your dog from situations that can quickly escalate.   

“Sorry, I didn’t see it coming!”抱歉,我没发现苗头

Dog body language may be hard to read and may even seem subtle at times but those versed in canine body language will tell you that there is always a sign before a dog lashes out.  When your dog is engaged with strange dogs or new situations, watch his body language for clues to how he may be feeling.  A quick study in the body language of dogs, and watching your dog closely, will help you predict your dog’s actions and response to what is going on around him.

“It’s okay, my dog just wants to play!”没事的,我的狗狗只是想玩儿而已

If you hear yourself muttering these words when out on walks and when people come and visit, it may be a sign that you need to evaluate your dog’s behavior. Perhaps your dog really just wants to play but if you are soothing ruffled feathers because of his antics or over exuberance, go back to basic training and regain control for your sake, as well as your dogs.

©Dogtube.US

周末愉快。

所有跟帖: 

是的。以前也总说Calie从不咬人,有天散步和一人对过,她把人家的裤角咬一下。不知她觉得人家那儿不对了 -Calie- 给 Calie 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/07/2014 postreply 17:58:33

总结的太好了, 做狗主人责任不小啊! -极乐净土- 给 极乐净土 发送悄悄话 极乐净土 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/07/2014 postreply 18:55:32

养狗就要时刻小心着别出意外。 -corgi- 给 corgi 发送悄悄话 corgi 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/07/2014 postreply 19:08:20

谢分享 -hujian- 给 hujian 发送悄悄话 hujian 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/07/2014 postreply 22:55:18

有时真心觉得比养娃难,总担心它们惹祸! -王大花- 给 王大花 发送悄悄话 (3 bytes) () 11/07/2014 postreply 23:09:21

好文章!多谢分享~~~ -simonlea- 给 simonlea 发送悄悄话 simonlea 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/08/2014 postreply 04:32:29

汗一个,5/7都用过了 -傻妞一个- 给 傻妞一个 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/08/2014 postreply 07:08:51

谢谢,很好的提醒, -Churchill- 给 Churchill 发送悄悄话 Churchill 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/08/2014 postreply 12:41:41

谢谢琳琳妈的分享。 -CatinGrey- 给 CatinGrey 发送悄悄话 CatinGrey 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/25/2014 postreply 13:31:58

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”