Goes to tell you why PAYING ATTN TO SAFETY IS IMPORTANT

来源: lvtotravel 2006-12-05 10:39:52 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1897 bytes)
This kind of tragedy has happened AGAIN AND AGAIN.

A few years ago, a family also was lost in some forest road - the family was only going out for a few hours outing, eventhough in winter, snowing situation. A young couple with a babygirl, went out without extra warm clothings, nor extra foods... They got lost and were trapped in a blizzard. The young mother had to keep eating snow to produce milk to feed the babygirl. At the end, they were found, when the mother was died already from Hyperthermia, the father was in semi-concious situation, clutching the babygirl inside his clothes in front of his chest. Miraculously, the babygirl's body was still warm and apparently was in good conditions. Father suffered some severe frost bites and had to go thru some surgery. Mother died from saving their baby.

It is a tradegy that should not have happened.

Another very famous tradgic story happened over a decade ago.

A young engaged couple - both were cadets of Air Force Academy at Colorado Spring - drove home for X'mas. They took some less travel roads in order to save time. Again, a very dangerous approach in winter time. They got lost, trapped in snow storms, ran out of gas and food but unable to find direction to get out of the surrendings. At the end, they knew they were going to die, so they bit their fingers to write their final words in blood. Weeks later their bodies were found, only less than 20-30 miles away from main roads where the snow would be plowed and they would be OK.

So often I see discussions on this board, only concentrating on the "excitements" of the outdoor adventures, hardly anyone mentions anything about safety precautions. And some very dangerous encounters eventually turned out OK were actually cheered upon. Luck will eventually run out if you tempt your fate too much. That is all I can say.

所有跟帖: 

I agree. Safety should always come first. -moab- 给 moab 发送悄悄话 moab 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/05/2006 postreply 12:06:50

two years ago we had two girls here who went -moab- 给 moab 发送悄悄话 moab 的博客首页 (304 bytes) () 12/05/2006 postreply 12:14:28

My boss is a Jew who likes to joke -冬梦- 给 冬梦 发送悄悄话 冬梦 的博客首页 (120 bytes) () 12/05/2006 postreply 13:45:24

that's a good one. :-) -moab- 给 moab 发送悄悄话 moab 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/05/2006 postreply 13:52:32

有点黑色幽默的味道。 -DeepCreek- 给 DeepCreek 发送悄悄话 DeepCreek 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/05/2006 postreply 16:13:04

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”