Cancun, to drive, or to take a tour?

来源: Clueless 2006-11-27 22:26:55 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1561 bytes)
To be more precise, we'd be staying at Playa del Carmen (in an all-inclusive, based on past postings on this board). We're planning on about 2 day-trips, and 4 days of water sports/beach bumming. The first day-trip would be to Chichen Itza, and I am wondering whether we should drive or take a tour. We have 2 children in tow (aged 6 and 8), are not the most adventurous people, but would love not to sit on a bus for 3 hours one way if we can help it. Has anyone driven from Playa del Carmen to Chichen? Is it easy to find the way? How long does it take (It appears from the one single map I have that it is easier to go from Cancun to Chichen, than from Playa del Carmen)?

I cannot decide what to do for the 2nd day trip. Is Xcaret nice? I understand it's only 4 miles south of Playa del Carmen, but is it an interesting enough place to spend a day, with no sunscreen on (is sunscreen forbidden only for swimmers/snorkelers and divers or does the ban cover boaters and sight-seers)? Admission for this park is much higher than others ($60/pp or $100/pp for tour), is there really something special about it? I cannot tell from what literature I have on hand.

If Xcaret is not that special, any place else you'd suggest? Anywhere ecologically different but not too arid or too primitive for kids' sake?

Finally, nothing is more interesting to the children than colorful coral reefs teaming with fish. What's the best place for us to see these without great swimming/diving skills?

I'd greatly appreciate your suggestions!

所有跟帖: 

Chichen Itza is a loooong drive from Playa Del Camen -lvtotravel- 给 lvtotravel 发送悄悄话 (1131 bytes) () 11/28/2006 postreply 09:01:47

Ooops, I just saw yr handle - Clueless... Re:Xcaret -Lvtotravel- 给 Lvtotravel 发送悄悄话 (736 bytes) () 11/28/2006 postreply 09:07:59

Thanks Lvtotravel. Chichen sounds too far away -Clueless- 给 Clueless 发送悄悄话 (521 bytes) () 11/28/2006 postreply 11:43:04

There are "buses" going up and down between Cancun and Playa del -Lvtotravel- 给 Lvtotravel 发送悄悄话 (885 bytes) () 11/28/2006 postreply 12:12:58

We took the bus between Playa Del Carmen and Cancum -wunderlust- 给 wunderlust 发送悄悄话 (156 bytes) () 11/28/2006 postreply 12:42:22

Kudos to you both.Although I have a tour book -Clueless- 给 Clueless 发送悄悄话 (257 bytes) () 11/28/2006 postreply 20:13:46

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!