谢谢分享文章,因为是关于匹兹堡的,看了

来源: ibelieu 2021-08-26 20:23:39 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1269 bytes)
回答: 留学回忆(3):初到匹兹堡Chang_Le2021-08-26 04:25:03

很亲切。我81年来美第一个学校就是匹大,在那里两年,印象深刻。那时我住在 Posvar Hall (那时还叫 Forbes Quadrangle) 后面的 Meyran Ave 上。下面是我最近才写的一段有关那时在匹大所见的回忆:

It was in the fall; a very nice day like today.  It was late afternoon.  I was leaving Posvar Hall to go home when I heard children whooping with joy and saw a group of school kids playing an impromptu ball game in front of the hall.  They were running, they were jumping, they were laughing, they were grabbing the ball, they were throwing it high into the air; they were having a really good time.  And then, amidst all that joy and laughter and childish exuberance, I spotted this happy little puppy.  He was dashing and leaping and yelping with these kids.  The kids clearly treated him like he was part of them; he clearly saw himself as no different from the boys.  The boys and the puppy were gamboling in such harmony in that golden glow of the setting sun I almost couldn’t tell them apart.  I remember thinking, as I was watching them, "There’s the way things should be.  I wouldn’t mind staying here for life."

所有跟帖: 

谢谢关注,也谢谢分享你关于 匹兹堡的回忆,很有意思。 我是 93年到的匹兹堡,那时候 Posvar Hall 还叫 Forbe -Chang_Le- 给 Chang_Le 发送悄悄话 Chang_Le 的博客首页 (211 bytes) () 08/27/2021 postreply 08:38:30

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”