just a tru story for you

来源: --Z-- 2009-07-01 07:04:39 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1131 bytes)
This happened to a friend of mine in Florida. I don't know where you are and this may not be applicable to you though.

My friend's yard was not very level and one day he saw big trucks were hauling dirty away from a nearby road construction site. He asked the drivers if they could dump some dirty in his yard and the drivers were more than happy to do that, and for free! So he got 6 truck-loads of dirty in his yard and was very happy. But, before he could spread the dirty out, some county officials showed up. They accused him of breaking county development and planning codes and environment protection codes. The officials said his action would change the overall flooding-prevention system in the area and would have unfavorable impact to the local ecosystems. They said it's a good thing that the dirt has not been spread out, otherwise, they could fine him for thousands of dollars! And in the end he still had to pay >$500 to get the dirt hauled away from his yard.

So, I would suggest that you call your city and/or county before you do anything. Good luck to you AND to your neighbor!

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”