Since no one else is taking this one, I'll offer my 2 cents: ...

来源: panzerkom 2009-01-28 18:30:31 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1240 bytes)
First of all, a lawsuit should only be considered as a LAST resort. Something like 90% of all civil lawsuits end up settling out of court, which means more likely than not, both parties need to compromise on some of their demands. In addition, a lot of malpractice lawyers would not take cases where the amount involved is not significant, i.e. where no permanent damage is done, especially if the client wants them to take the case on contingency. In which case, you would have to pay the lawyer for time spent out of your own pocket even BEFORE any motion has been filed. With expert witness opinions and so on, the pre-trial cost could run in the tens of thousands. So you should be prepared for that.

With all that said, please please please, get a definitive diagnosis and have whatever procedure done to cure your condition before even thinking about a lawsuit. While a retained placenta is the most common cause for postpartum hemorrhage, there could be other causes for the condition. And even with a retained placenta, there could still be a chance that it is NOT due to negligence on the part of your OB or surgeon. That could only be determined by reviewing your medical record and any notes taken during the delivery.

所有跟帖: 

holy macro! Sounds like Panzer really knows the law -iammadaboutu- 给 iammadaboutu 发送悄悄话 iammadaboutu 的博客首页 (92 bytes) () 01/28/2009 postreply 19:37:37

lol, nah, i just had an ex who's an OBGYN nurse and another... -panzerkom- 给 panzerkom 发送悄悄话 panzerkom 的博客首页 (37 bytes) () 01/28/2009 postreply 21:09:49

回复:lol, nah, i just had an ex who's an OBGYN nurse and another.. -小迷糊08- 给 小迷糊08 发送悄悄话 (140 bytes) () 01/29/2009 postreply 06:35:20

you're welcome and hope everything goes well for ya :) -panzerkom- 给 panzerkom 发送悄悄话 panzerkom 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/29/2009 postreply 06:45:49

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”