我劳工告诉我(in his own words):

来源: questionmarkaskQ 2008-10-04 08:46:53 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1920 bytes)
Here's what happens if a single parking ticket goes unpaid in our jurisdiction:

1. We get a letter from the city saying, "This ticket was issued for your car. Please pay it."

2. The city turns the fine over to a collection agency, who then has the opportunity to earn a whopping $30 if they collect from us. Seems unlikely the agency would go to much trouble for $30. Particularly since we never answer our home phone, and we would just turn the ringer off if they call.

And that's ALL that would happen. Since the ticket is not tied to an individual, the city CANNOT allow it to affect anyone credit record, and they CERTAINLY cannot put her in jail.

True, in some jurisdictions, you cannot renew your registration if there's an outstanding parking ticket. And in some areas the parking records are tied to other parts of the traffic violation system. But in our area, it's tied to driver's license numbers only. But that's not the case for us.

I got the ticket a couple of months ago. Since then, a cop pulled me over for speeding. I was driving the same car as when I got the parking ticket. The cop let me go with a friendly warning. Seems if he had any problems with the record for the car I was driving, he would have at least asked about it.

We don't live in the city where the ticket occurred. If I parked downtown often, I might be more concerned. According to the cop I spoke to (he's not a "former" cop, by the way), the city will not take any real action agaisnt an individual until they have accumulated several tickets. Then enough of a fee has accumulated to make it worth the collection agent's time. Alternatively, the city can put a "boot" on the car so that I cannot move it until I pay a huge fine. But they will only do that for a car that's parked illegally, so again there's no concern because I hardly ever go downtown.

所有跟帖: 

Why do you coom here? -citygirl08- 给 citygirl08 发送悄悄话 citygirl08 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/04/2008 postreply 11:12:12

是不是神经有毛病?为30刀伤这么多神。值吗?何况又是你的错 -me88- 给 me88 发送悄悄话 (58 bytes) () 10/04/2008 postreply 14:04:33

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”