回复:期待老猫和诸位同仁见仁见智。哈哈。。。

来源: 單身老貓 2008-09-08 08:36:41 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (6116 bytes)
Scavenging scrap a way of life
http://www.praguepost.com/articles/2008/03/05/scavenging-scrap-a-way-of-life.php
您的問題,老貓會建議您先讀一下上面這篇文章,您就會了解您所提出的問題其實在世界的某一個角落並不是一個好笑的議題.
至於您所提的問題,讓老貓用三個層面來討論這個問題
(A) Q: My neighbor comes on my property and takes things out of my trash left for the garage collector. Is this legal?
基本上這個問題的答覆是要看您所在地區的法令. 以加州為例,南加沒有太嚴格的法律禁止”Dumpster Diver” 對於鄰居或是公眾的dumpster進行尋寶的工作, 畢竟”one man's trash is another man's treasure,",但是在北加,如舊金山,基本上市政府鑑於環境衛生的考量與保障私人隱私的考慮,有明白的法律禁止個人或是沒有獲得市政府授權的任何團體或是個人去其他個人或是公眾的Dumpster翻找或是尋寶,所以您的問題,簡單的答覆是看看您當地的法律是如何規範的.
(B)如果事情如上述的那麼簡單,那也就罷了, 但是法律問題就是那麼的….”龜毛”(台語”麻煩”)….
在法律上,自家的垃圾筒屬於私人的產業,所以其內裝的垃圾在沒有丟棄到公共的Dumpster之前都可以算是私人的產業,所以如果您未經允許去翻找您鄰居的垃圾筒,(除非他是擺在透明的塑膠袋中而不是放在垃圾筒中),您的行為有可能侵占他人的產業,所以如果您的鄰居有些”龜毛”,他可以給予您相當相當大的麻煩….然而如果一旦您的鄰居將個人的垃圾丟入社區共用的垃圾筒,(與他人的垃圾混合在一起),這個時後,您的鄰居就不能再說這是我的垃圾,但是年是否可以如快樂地raccoon開始digging這些東西呢? NOT REALLY !
理由很簡單,您所住社區HOA有權禁止您這麼做, 同時這個公共垃圾筒的垃圾收集是交給私人合約商來收取(不是政府的清運單位),對方對於這個垃圾筒中的東西有產權,(特別是那種在垃圾統是印有公司標誌的如WM,(Waste Management),這是該公司的產業,所以除非您有對方書面的許可,您不得動用其內容物,(l沒有錯,垃圾是公開的,但是垃圾筒不是)
©現在有一個問題,How About, 一般公司的垃圾筒,基本上這些垃圾筒都位置於公司的property之內,所以您未經允許翻動這些垃圾筒,基本上已經有可能侵入對方的私人產業中,所以問題不在於垃圾或是垃圾筒,而是垃圾筒的位置. 因此您如果向一隻快樂的RACCOON開始尋寶,您小心公司的保安會……
最後引用一篇很好玩的文章與您共享

Scavenging city's trash is growing problem
One time years ago I rode around Roanoke with Robert Berger in his "hustlin' truck."
Berger worked nights at the Eaton Yale lock company.
By day, he picked up recyclable cardboard and other items from businesses around the valley. He sold it to Cycle Systems.
Berger impressed me with his energy and entertained me with his working man's wisdom.
We also encountered a competitor.
He and Berger hustled to cover the same turf.
The businesses didn't care who took the stuff. They just wanted to get rid of it.
There is another kind of hustler who scavenges on residential streets, picking up large items to cash in with.
Berger had permission from the businesses where he picked up trash. That is legal.
People who take solid waste set out for collection by city crews break the law, said Frank "Skip" Decker, Roanoke's solid waste manager.
They can also cost city taxpayers money.
Money to be made
In recent years, prices paid for recycled items have been steady and relatively high. Asian countries thirst for certain metals and mixed paper. The latter constitutes the largest percentage of Roanoke's materials by far.
High prices make profitable the filching of aluminum and tin cans from residents' recycling containers and the hauling of "white goods" -- refrigerators, freezers and the like -- from their curbside spots, Decker said.
Each plucked pound eats into the city's target of 225 tons of recyclables per month.
Hitting that target eliminates the fee charged to the city by Cycle Systems.
Exceeding it sometimes generates money back from the recycling company.
Missing the target creates a cost.
Widespread routes
Roanoke collects recyclables from across the city, including 34 schools and 63 businesses.
On average, the city hits the target tonnage eight months per year. Sometimes it misses by only a few tons.
Drivers of the city's brush trucks note residential addresses where large recyclable items await pickup. After they finish their brush routes, they return the same day to get them.
Decker estimates that 14 out of 15 times nowadays, somebody beats the trucks to them.
He wants people to wait at least until dawn before setting out such items. This might reduce the scavenging.
The Roanoke police know about this problem, but it falls well down their priority list.
In March, the city provided Cycle Systems with nearly 249 tons of recyclables. That saved $11,203.20 in landfill tipping fees.
Because the target was met, Cycle Systems charged the city nothing.
In April, the city delivered nearly 175 tons, or 50 tons less than the target. That saved $7,861.50 in landfill tipping fees.
But the recycler charged $1,957.45 for taking the materials.
That reduced the city's savings to $5,904.05.
White goods constitute a small percentage of the city's monthly haul. In March, they amounted to 5.61 tons. Hitting the overall target saved the city $252.45.
In April, they weighed 1.54 tons. Missing the target cost $69.30.
That's a drop of 4 tons. Compared with the figures for mixed paper -- 193 tons in March alone -- white goods are small beans.
But over time, the tonnage adds up and subtracts from the savings.
One of Decker's frustrations is that "not enough people want to recycle -- it's not mandated," the way it was in New Jersey, where he came from eight years ago.
At that time, Roanoke's recycling program covered just one-third of the city, and only 7 percent of materials -- from households, businesses and such -- were recycled.
Now the entire city is covered and, counting businesses that recycle on their own, 40 percent of those materials are turned in for re-use, Decker said.
The program makes money, but that's not the point, he said. The goal is to save the environment and save money.
Recycling saves Roanoke $250,000 in tipping fees annually, he said.
Now I admire Robert Berger even more. When I rode with him, he worked for what he got, and he didn't steal a thing.

所有跟帖: 

快樂地raccoon開始digging -motheroffour- 给 motheroffour 发送悄悄话 motheroffour 的博客首页 (176 bytes) () 09/08/2008 postreply 16:31:56

Try This One (图) -單身老貓- 给 單身老貓 发送悄悄话 單身老貓 的博客首页 (127 bytes) () 09/08/2008 postreply 19:21:18

check this out (something is stuck in there) -motheroffour- 给 motheroffour 发送悄悄话 motheroffour 的博客首页 (353 bytes) () 09/08/2008 postreply 21:10:32

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”