希望能帮上忙

来源: 试试看啦 2008-04-03 21:14:16 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1482 bytes)
我在TORONTO电台上听过类似CASES. 根据他们当事人, not the lawyers 的意见, 下面可供参考...At this point, no charge was made to you, but if the security guard of the store obtained your ID, basically you are "blacklisted" by the store. Later, you may receive a letter from the security company for certain amount of money ( such as $500) as a penalty to take your name off from the list ( clean your file)...

Option 1: refuse to pay ( remember, no charge is made by the police, and there's no evidence of the steal- no violation of any law at this point),but if they have evidence, they may file a lawsuit against you- in your case, I am not sure what 's the impact on "green card"

Option 2: pay the fee if you have a better sleep for doing that, but still need to consider whether doing that means you admit it ( possible consequence on the green card?)

by the way, they can stop you and check your stuff, because you are in a private property. You may be disallowed to enter the store again.

My suggestion:
- keep all the receipts for those items and the names and the ID of the security and the police;
- talk to a legal consultant about the potential legal action and the possible impact on the "green card"
( I guess the chance to file a lawsuit is low if they have no evidence, plus the items invloved with a low $. I addition, the security may not allowed to disclose the info to the 3rd parties, because it is not proved )

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”