“家有狮子狗”女士的出庭报告

来源: Lyon 2007-10-10 13:00:29 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5477 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ Lyon ] 在 2007-10-10 12:45:37 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
  前些日子,狐狸俺在此坛发表了本人随同朋友的出庭相关情况(狐狸出庭记),随后招至了广泛的讨论,当时有位笔名叫“家有狮子狗”的女士报告了她遇车祸的详细经过,并希望大家给予她一些应对出庭的建议。日前,她已经出庭完毕,并获得了满意的结果,现根据她给本人送来的一些信息,整理发表,希望能给大家一些启迪和帮助。

一、出庭前的准备

1、找出了当年考驾照时路考(road test)满分(100)的成绩单。

2、将自己的车子受损处拍照存档备用。

3、将车祸时自己女儿的受伤处拍照存档备用。

4、根据当天车祸的情况写下了详尽的“事故经过报告”,主要内容包括事故发生地点、经过和损失、与责任分析等,特别难能可贵“家有狮子狗”女士还重建了事故发生的现场(详见附件,只可惜重建现场图没有插入),大家看看是不是有点李大侦探,狐狸在此赞一个。

二、出庭时的申辩

1、出庭那天,“家有狮子狗”女士准时出现在法庭,并随身携带了出庭前准备好的若干材料。这些准备给法官看的材料都被装订成册,并附上一些照片,以作支持她的证据。为了支持她出庭,她丈夫还特意从工作单位赶回家看孩子。当天出庭者约有70~80人之多,但亚裔只有她一人,加之没有人陪同,她说真有点风潇潇兮易水寒的感觉!

2、开始过堂后,法官大人先念警察关于事故的报告,随后只问违规者一个问题,即认不认罪。如果当庭认罪就交罚款,或去蹲监狱;不认者,他或她的case就会自动转到另一个时间处理,即再去fighting ticket。

3、轮到“家有狮子狗”女士的时候,她说她当时既不全认罪,也不否认自己的错,结果法官大人问她,那你到底来干吗?她回报法官大人说:“我是来向您解释一下车祸的详细经过,我认为错并不全在我”。可是当庭法官大小并不买帐,并执意要她回答yes or no,即认还是不认罪?“家有狮子狗”女士说,听法官大人这么讲,她当时反而来了胆量,随手就将准备好的材料递到法官面前,请他一定要看看。当庭法官随手翻了翻她捧上的那5-6页材料,就将材料又推了回来,并让手下的一个小兵(注:法庭工作人员)将她带下去协调。

4、在协调处,“家有狮子狗”女士详细的解释了当天事故的经过,还给法庭工作人员看了她当年考驾照时得100分的证明,并用略带委屈的表情说她一直开车是非常非常小心的,即便出事那天也是非常小心的。事实上,这次事故完全是被他人误道的结果,云云。

5、协调法官听完她的陈述后,就将所有材料都copy留了底,然后将她的定罪由moving violation改为break violation,并将罚款额度降低了$40,且还没有记点。

6、最后由该协调官亲自陪她再次法庭,该协调官还主动替她去给法官解释他为何改变了处罚的理由。主审法官听完协调法官的报告后,问她对修改后的处罚有无不同意见和认不认罪,心中高兴的她马上频频点头示意。

至此,整个出庭过程圆满结束!堵在胸口多日的车祸阴影也随之烟消云散,现在她又过上很快乐的生活。

出庭后的感想

1、出庭前要精心准备,包括心理准备和材料准备等。

2、出庭时要椐理力争(如果真是自己受了委屈),以最大地维护自己的利益。

3、类似于此的小case无需请律师。

附件(由“家有狮子狗”女士亲手准备)

Deion of Accident

1. Location: intersection of thurstin and E marry road
2. Time: around 9:20am on September 13
3. Deion of accident
1) At the Intersection of Thurstin and E marry Road before Accident

(Your browser may not support display of this image.)

(1) I did have a full stop on E Marry road before the stop sign more than one minute, and wanted to turn right (to thurstin av.); Least 2 cars were behind me.
(2) My daughter (13 months old)’ knee was bleeding because she fell down when we played on BGSU campus that morning.
(3) Incoming car gave turn right signal and planed to turn on E Merry road, and her speed is 25 mph (limitation of that road is 35 mph).

Because I did not want to block the other traffic and I was hurry to look for a bandage for my daughter, her wrong signal and low speed (those information made me think she was ready to make a right turn) misled me.

THEN I decided to start my car when that car was about 60 feet away the intersection. My speed was only 3-4 mph.

2) Accident happened

(1) Incoming car did not turn right on the E Merry Road. She suddenly went straight on Thurstin ave.
(2) Obviously she saw me before she got the intersection, because she tried to pass me on my left (Her car was on the yellow line when accident happened). Actually she had enough distant to stop her car.
(3) I did not notice she changed her mind to go straight, so I still moved my car to Thurstin ave.
(4) When I found her car, it was too late to stop totally. Two cars scratched then stopped.

3) Results from Accident

(1) Just some paint was scratched both that car and my car. (pictures)
(2) No any person injured in this accident.

4) Some explains

(1) I always drive very carefully, so I have good driving record (no accident record, 100 score on driving test as shown in sheet).

(2) In this accident, the wrong signal let me made a wrong decision.

(3) In order to avoid accident, I tried my best to stop my car. So that was only a scratch, not a big bump, between two cars.

5) Responsibility

I admit I have some responsibility for this accident.

This is the first accident in my life. I hope it is also the last one. And I will drive more carefully in the future.

We are low income family, so the fine of this ticket is really too much to us.

According to my statement, could you please give me a chance to reduce my guilty (cancel this ticket and my point)? I will very appreciate if you do so. Thank you very much!

Sincerely yours,

家有狮子狗

09/22/2007

所有跟帖: 

Thanks for feedback -wxc2008- 给 wxc2008 发送悄悄话 wxc2008 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/11/2007 postreply 18:58:19

Thanks for sharing. It is very helpful.what means"Deion of Accid -chike- 给 chike 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/12/2007 postreply 14:36:43

"Deion of Accid =Deion of Accident,转帖时出了问题,对不起! -lyon- 给 lyon 发送悄悄话 lyon 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/12/2007 postreply 16:49:44

回复:"Deion of Accid =事故描述(英文转帖老出问题)歉意! -lyon- 给 lyon 发送悄悄话 lyon 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/12/2007 postreply 16:50:34

Thanks! That is great! -chike- 给 chike 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/12/2007 postreply 20:28:07

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”