STP: Tax questions for you again.

来源: freecall 2007-01-30 07:18:02 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1575 bytes)
Thanks for your quick response for my last Email about my wrong option in health insurance tax free staff: pre_tax vs. after_tax.

1. I asked our HR payroll manager to redo my W-2 for year 2006, but she rejected because she told me my tax staff is under section 125 premium conversion, so she can't redo it for me, and she said this is the IRS rule, I choose the option I should go with it. And she told me "pre_tax = tax exempt" everyone knows it,I argue with her that, it is misleading to a layman like me, you know this terminology because it is in your field, for me pre-tax means I can pay it now or later, it doesn't mean "tax exempt" to me at all, it is not my fault. so finally she wrote a letter for me and redid the last three year's tax for me, but not in W-2 form, just print out her calculation and let me try my luck. do you think she did the right thing? can you give me some IRS rules about it so I can argue with IRS about this tax in the cover letter for I-1040X?

Another question is

2. I started to work as a RA in th august/99, and they charged my SSN and Medicare in Fall, 2004 when I started to work, later on I found the policy that I don't need to pay this during the OPT, then I wrote a letter to ask my money back, they gave it to me already, and this year suddenly I received a letter from some SSN agency said they found I didn't pay the SSN during my work time. I didn't answer it yet. do you think it will affect my GC in the future? because I saw one of your post said I should pay it after 5 years. Thanks Amy

所有跟帖: 

回复:STP: Tax questions for you again. -stp- 给 stp 发送悄悄话 (140 bytes) () 01/30/2007 postreply 10:44:16

Thanks, I will. -freecall- 给 freecall 发送悄悄话 freecall 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/30/2007 postreply 12:48:25

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”