help needed for going to court for a traffic accident

来源: also_MD 2005-12-05 12:34:32 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1694 bytes)
On the way for my son's doctor's appointment, I needed to make a left turn into a parking lot at an intersection with no traffic lights. I stopped and thought I didn't see any car coming from the other direction except two cars waiting to turn to the left (opposite of the direction that I wanted to turned to). I turned left. Unfortunately,when I was turning left, a car came and both cars crashed. The two cars were towered. Luckily, nobody was injuried. I was issued a ticket for failing to yield while turning left.

Anyway, I was getting ready to pay the $65 fine but there was one item on the ticket that I didn't understand. So I called the toll free number on the ticket for help. The lady I talked to was very nice. Initially, she didn't realize there was a crash and told me that I would have one point on my record. She said I might want to go to the court to see if the judge would waive the point for me if I have had a clean driving record for a couple of years. When I told her that there was a crash, she said it would be a three-point incident and I definitely should go to the court. She also said that the judge would only look at my driving records for the last two years and would most likely waive all three points if I have had a clean record. After my conversation with her, I decided not to pay the fine and wait for a court date. Now, I have received the letter for a court date.

My questions are:

1. Is it true that the judge will only look back for two years of driving records? The last time I had a ticket was over four years ago.
2. What should I say to the judge other than I have had a clean record for four years?

Thanks!

所有跟帖: 

记录一般有效期3年, 你没大问题. 不清楚的就不说, -stp- 给 stp 发送悄悄话 (23 bytes) () 12/05/2005 postreply 13:28:55

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”