How to deal with this lawer?

来源: dbear 2005-08-12 09:18:15 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1850 bytes)
My wife plans go to school next week and she is now in F2 status though she already gets offers. She got two methods to qualify for register, either transfer into F1 or transfer into H4. I talked to a lawer in Rowland Heights, CA, a month ago, and he persuaded me to apply for H1 with premium which means that I need to pay an extra $1000 myself (my company does not reimburse for this part). Before I made the decision, he showed great interests in my case, emailed me daily and told me that my case is quite easy and he is sure that he can make it (since my job matches perfectly with my academic and working background, also, my salary is decent). My wife and I did not consider much and paid him enough money about 1 month ago. But after that, he did not deal well with my case. I figured out several mistakes in those application forms. For my petition letter, he just copied from my company’s website, my job description and my resume. Also, he did not follow his words several times, for example, we made an appointment at 8:00, but showed up after 9:00; he told me that he would email me the tracking number, but never until I called him. Though I did not trust him but I can do nothing at that time because I already paid him the money. He promised me that he would correct all the mistakes in my application forms and sent out my application two weeks ago.
Now, two weeks have passed. I still did not receive any response from him, I called him yesterday. He told me that he would help me check by last afternoon. But I did not receive his call till now though I called him several times and leave him a message. I am anxious now because next Monday will be my wife’s last register day. Also, I am worrying about my application status.
How can I deal with this lawyer? Can I call the police? Any suggestion will be welcomed!

所有跟帖: 

回复:How to deal with this lawer? -minisis- 给 minisis 发送悄悄话 minisis 的博客首页 (84 bytes) () 08/12/2005 postreply 09:36:42

回复:回复:How to deal with this lawer? -dbear- 给 dbear 发送悄悄话 (117 bytes) () 08/12/2005 postreply 09:54:30

ask the international -student_- 给 student_ 发送悄悄话 (145 bytes) () 08/12/2005 postreply 11:55:22

回复:ask the international -dbear- 给 dbear 发送悄悄话 (60 bytes) () 08/12/2005 postreply 13:34:00

never pay a lawer full fee un- -onlooker1- 给 onlooker1 发送悄悄话 (231 bytes) () 08/13/2005 postreply 18:23:45

回复:never pay a lawer full fee un- -maomao2003- 给 maomao2003 发送悄悄话 (436 bytes) () 08/15/2005 postreply 09:52:59

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”