回复:回复:Photographer lost all my wedding photos

来源: henxiaoloulou 2012-06-29 00:13:26 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2202 bytes)

For you, the photos must be much more valuable than the money related to them. So, perhaps it's not a good idea to ask both photos and money at the same tim as the first step (you did so). Nicely talking with other side to get him/her to do the best to recover the photos possibly is better choice. The legal steps should be started after your nice talking will have failed. (Just my two cents for your reference) 

Some thoughts/information on the legal issues of your case:

(1) Whether did the photographer make a "material" breach of the contract? (Yes---you can get refund, No---possibly you can get little refund)

Simple explanation of "material" breach of the contract is a breach which renders the agreement "irreparably broken".

Many factors influence such "material", for examples, good or bad faith of breaching party. The breaching party refused to follow directions; that is material breach. However,a breach that results from simple carelessness ("negligence") or circumstances beyond the party's control is less likely to be considered a material breach of contract. In addition, in your contract, the Force Majeure items were listed. So, both sides have argument points.

This link will be helpful: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/breach-of-contract-material-breach-32655.html

(2) Whether do you need a lawyer?

In District of Columbia, regardless of the small claim court (the limit is $5000) or regular court, an attorney is allowed. Even if in small claim court, "Corporations are required to have an attorney" (http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/district-of-columbia-small-claims-court-31802.html). If the photographer is a corporation, anyhow you will face an attorney, do you have confidence to defeat the lawyer by yourself for this case?

(3) To get the hard drive through court

You hope to get hard drive to make efforts to recover by yourself, but the other side has no response. Is it possible for you to go to court to get a praecipe which requires the defendant to give you the hard drive? I have no any idea. Possibly other posters will reach this point.

所有跟帖: 

回复:回复:回复:Photographer lost all my wedding photos -littlelamb123- 给 littlelamb123 发送悄悄话 littlelamb123 的博客首页 (606 bytes) () 06/29/2012 postreply 08:22:39

能烦请老貓和其他能人帮我解答一下以上问题吗? -littlelamb123- 给 littlelamb123 发送悄悄话 littlelamb123 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/29/2012 postreply 18:06:13

回复:回复:回复:回复:Photographer lost all my wedding photos -Henxiaoloulou- 给 Henxiaoloulou 发送悄悄话 (677 bytes) () 06/29/2012 postreply 19:06:10

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”