485期间离婚和再结婚

来源: babyjoe 2012-06-18 18:04:02 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2407 bytes)

朋友遇到头疼的事:和男方一起申请的eb2,两人当时都是h1b.现在485期间,工卡什么都拿到了。正在协议离婚,已经谈的差不多了,却在身份上出了问题。她h1过期了,现在由于诡异的原因(看下面几行)公司不给办h1b extension已经用了她的ead.问题就来了:一旦离婚,ead就不能用了,h1也不给办,如何是好?她在分居期间和青梅竹马倒是联系上了,男方说她一离婚就和她结婚,而且也是485中,这种情况下她能重新和竹马tx申请绿卡不?

以下是“移民”版面老师的解答,但最后也推荐咨询法律人士:

额,因为她现在contract不是100% full time(是两个部门的75%+25%,但公司就是认死说不算100%)的,公司不sponsor 这种的h1b.

-She may file part-time H1。 Q: what if company doesn't sponsor part-time either? since they claimed they only sponsor full-time employee.

老师,你说ead won't be immediately invalid until i485 is denied.问题是,一旦离婚,是否女方485就会立即deny呢?而且就算有一段时间buffer,这段时间她离了婚和竹马的485男结婚,还可以再jointly file gc application吗?

-USCIS will not deny her I-485 immediately after she divorces beause USCIS will not realize it immediately. Q:although they may not realize it, how can she risk marrying someone with AOS?!

那以什么身份file呢?(以前的ead已经没有了因为离婚了,而且假设公司不给办h1b extension的话)

-I am not 100% sure whether she can file another I-485 with her current adjustment of status (AOS) though I think she is OK to file another I-485. So, she may consult an experienced lawyer to make sure it. If she can, that will be simple: just divorce and then, remarry another person and do following to join. If she can not, she has to get the H1 status and then,, file another I-485 using following to join. Q: last and most important question here --- can she or can she not? and if she cannot file another 485 given current AOS, and the company confirms that they won't sponsor h1b like her case, does that mean she can only pack stuffs and go back to China?

所有跟帖: 

那就等绿卡下来再离婚。省很多事。 -N.- 给 N. 发送悄悄话 N. 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/18/2012 postreply 22:34:46

感觉上这个女的绿卡要比婚姻重要,因为她问来问去都是关于身份. -红叶- 给 红叶 发送悄悄话 红叶 的博客首页 (740 bytes) () 06/19/2012 postreply 00:03:57

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”