help for harassment of witnesses

来源: zhiqinli2001 2011-12-07 17:13:43 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1667 bytes)

I am in a lawsuit against the landlord, Goldberg companies INC. because of mold in the apartment I am renting in Cleveland, OH. We had a hearing two weeks ago when my attorney gave the landlord's attorney the evidence we have. Ever since that, my witnesses (most are my neighbors) told me one by one that they didn't want to be my witness any more because the landlord had warned them or intimidated them in this way and that. I told my attorney all about that and my attorny recommend that we do subpoena and make depositions to prove it in the court. I contacted my witnesses again today, and what I was told is that they are already in very hard situation and their further testimony, which eventually will reach the landlord, will make them in even harder situation.

My question is:

1. In u.s. or OH, witness could be intimidated in that way?

2. Is there any way that I can do to stop the landlord's harassment? I really don't want to put my neighbors in trouble, and I don't think I really need any witness regarding to mold because mold come back again in November ever since I moved out of that apartment three months ago.

3. what the consequence will be if I don't pay the rent any more? After I have moved out of the apartment for three months and deposited the rent in court for four months, I was told today that the landlord wouldn't let me out of the lease but choose to fix the apartment instead. I definitely can't afford nor would like to do that. Also I am wondering which knid of law system it is here.

Any advice will be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

所有跟帖: 

回复:help for harassment of witnesses -單身老貓- 给 單身老貓 发送悄悄话 單身老貓 的博客首页 (893 bytes) () 12/07/2011 postreply 18:46:11

回复:回复:help for harassment of witnesses -zhiqinli2001- 给 zhiqinli2001 发送悄悄话 (865 bytes) () 12/07/2011 postreply 21:37:59

回复:回复:回复:help for harassment of witnesses -單身老貓- 给 單身老貓 发送悄悄话 單身老貓 的博客首页 (685 bytes) () 12/07/2011 postreply 22:13:43

除非能证明不适合居住,因房内某地方发霉就想跑路,这个有点难 -上流Man- 给 上流Man 发送悄悄话 上流Man 的博客首页 (901 bytes) () 12/08/2011 postreply 08:22:59

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”