回复:Transactional Lawyer Track

来源: 蓝马 2009-11-13 01:01:46 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1732 bytes)
HI, I am a China and US qualified transactional lawyer for quite a while and would like to share with you that you will do great so long as you take the "just do it" attitude, before, during, and after your law schooling. Why?

1.You have had the business background that many attorneys at international law firms at your age do not have; when dealing with deals in a specialized industry, such as in those TMT (telecom, media and technology companies), your industrial background would distinguish yourself and the clients love a team member with such background.

2.You have the guts to think, and go beyond what you already have, even though you do not have a glorious position there. The more attorneys become senior, the greater difference lies at how good your judgment is, rather than writing skills, law school ranking, or who you were pre-law.

3.Seven years after law firm tracks, you can have your own firm rather than waiting for some you to give you a job as partner or kill you in the fish ball. Many people cannot become partners not because they function not well enough during that seven years, but because they are not partner material even before law school.

4.Notwithstanding the forgoing, you need to work damn hard at law school even if it is a part-time one, pass the bar, and find a good law firm to start with. You have to start networking from now, rather than after law school. So if you cannot work damn hard for family reasons, do not do it. But if you have the will and capability to work at least 14 hours per day for three or four years, you will, become a good lawyer father to your kids, my friend.

Hope this would help. You can send me email if needed.

所有跟帖: 

Which is more important? -nunuwang- 给 nunuwang 发送悄悄话 (45 bytes) () 11/16/2009 postreply 05:33:14

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”