但Atlantic的这篇文章反应出康州家长的焦虑

来源: mjnew 2023-10-24 06:55:01 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1275 bytes)
回答: 住康州黄金海岸的,应该最有发言权了mjnew2023-10-24 06:34:47

The pandemic hit the high-school class of 2021 quickest and hardest. Student-athletes struggled to process it all, as their college plans blew up and their beloved squash courts were redened as boxes of super-spread, their elders blocked by yellow police tape. “I’ll always wonder what would’ve happened— and who they could have wowed,” Inside Lacrosse CEO Terry Foy told me, referring to the high-school seniors. “To have that opportunity lost …” His voice trailed off?, before he picked up again, mournfully: “?The kid who would have gone to Yale now goes to Georgetown. ?e kid who would have gone to Georgetown now goes to Loyola. On and on. And then eventually you get down to Wentworth. And then you just don’t play college sports.” 

“I understand the frustration,” says Je¤ Brameier, who is entering his 36th year as the lacrosse coach at Darien High School, consistently one of the highest-ranked public-school lacrosse teams in the country. “I've had a few team captains who were among my best defensive kids ever. Near-perfect GPAs. I couldn't get them into an Ivy. I tried.”

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”