回复:回复:回复:请问各位老师, H1B layoff this Friday (11/19), to keep legal

来源: 863211 2010-11-17 16:04:21 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1188 bytes)
-You are legal to stay though you do not have legal status until your F1 is approved."

[Question] Does "You are legal to stay" mean I don't have a gap in my legal status?

-Correct.

My H1 I-94 card wrote 07/13/2012 now but my H1 will be withdrawn by my company on 11/19/2010, will this change the I-94 expiring date to 11/19/2010?

-Not affect the I-94 duration, but you are out of status after you lost the job unless you chnage your status or do h1 transfer.

Sorry that I am confused with the concepts of "legal to stay" and "unlawful presence", do they mean the same?

-No. Legal stay means you can stay US legally at a certain period of time though you do not have a status e.g. you can leaglly stay until your I-94 expires even if you are laid off (you are out of status) and USCIS/CBP will not bother you and not put you in removal proceeding.

Unlawful presence means you are illegal to stay and USCIS or CBP may put you in removal proceeding and ask you to leave US if they find you illegally stay.

Anyway, you need to find a job as soon as possible or change your status to another non-immigration status such as H4, F1, B2 etc. after you are laid off.

所有跟帖: 

回复:回复:回复:回复:请问各位老师, H1B layoff this Friday (11/19), to keep leg -sli430- 给 sli430 发送悄悄话 (713 bytes) () 11/17/2010 postreply 22:00:36

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”