Cant modify the day to ASW due to cruises depart on fixed

来源: goingplaces 2022-08-28 16:51:28 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4414 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ goingplaces ] 在 2022-08-28 17:05:01 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: if Luxor stopover is a problem威伯2022-08-28 14:00:26

day of the week on each direction.

Cruises from Aswan to Luxor depart on Friday.  We leave Amman on Monday.  That is why the Cairo sightseeing is putat the beginning part of the Egypt portion.  Late afternoon arrival at Cairo on Monday,  Tuesday Pyramid day,  Wednesday Museum day,  Thursday fly to Aswan arriving before 4pm.  Firday is the beginning day of the 3 days cruise but as you already know, the boat does not leave but docks at Awan for that bight.  This is the day we do our Abi Simbel tour with Private Car transportation both ways.  The remaining sightseeing activities are 顺延 1/2 a day until finally catch up with the regular schedule the morning after Edfu.  The boat leaves Edfu for Karnap at 1:30pm.  Supposedly we have an evening "walk" or whatever way,  from Karnap to Luxor Temple when the columns of the passage all lightened up..   This tells me we may arrive Karnap after 3:30pn or even 4pm.  That is why the rep at Misr also thinks may not arrive Karnap in time for us to drop by the ticket office for our Luxor Premium Pass. 

I prefer the Aswan to Luxor 3 days cruise than the opposite direction 4 days cruise - because we want to add extra days at Luxor which is where most of the tombs and temples are located. 

Some of the activities after arriving Aswan, are 鸡肋.  Even without the current loss of 30 min,  we may not do all of them.

We probably do not see tickets of any kind because the whole trip we have car/driver and guide.  The guide at each segment should take care of everything.   The boat they finally put us on, alread is the 3rd one.  (First one, also the one initially quoted, was sold out for our date.  Second one was a downgrade with a paltry reductio on the package cost which I rejected the option.  Third one I accepted with a $30 pp additional cost.  Rep has not said anything further since then.   I can still do modifications if needed - the total cost will be adjusted accordingly. 

The person who asked my help on her AA award ticket is not a friend.  I dont even know her real name.   She just PMed me on Flyertalk what my suggestions would be for her issues.  The issues for her are NOT her luggages may get lost,  it is her current reroute is a horrendous 2 connections from ORD to CLT,  with a Very Long Overnight layover at LGA.  She is very apprehensive on that part for safety reason.  At first I suggested she could stay at a LGA hotel for that night.   It turns out she has So Many Luggages, this seems to be impractical or even impossible.  AA most likely would NOT check thru bags when there is an overnight layover.  So your thought of letting the airline to deal with the luggages if they get lost, does not even have a chance to happen.  AA probably would only check her bags till LGA and she will need to recheck the bags the next day on the flight to CLT.  Right now the key is,  the layover at LGA is an overnight, whether she checks her bags or not.  No chance to find a better routing as of this writing.  She did entertain the idea of ditching the ORD-LGA-CLT portion, then makes her way to CHI (I dont know what she means by that - does she mean the Midway airport WN uses?)  But eventually she decided to spend the night at LGA airside.

So it is NOT any issue with her luggages but rather she could NOT make it home with less than 2 connections / an overnight layover at LGA.  

I get asked a lot of questions from Flyertalk members,  Likewise I also ask a lot of questions myself, mostly on public forums but sometimes thru PM also.   Q&As on public forum helps everyone who cares to read thru forums for information, hence my preference.

Thanks for the St. Regis info.  I sent them an email but thru an address found on Flyertalk St. Regis Cairo Wiki.  Will see how they reply.

所有跟帖: 

Cruise leaves on Wednesday too -威伯- 给 威伯 发送悄悄话 威伯 的博客首页 (164 bytes) () 08/28/2022 postreply 17:42:36

Misr's only on Friday -goingplaces- 给 goingplaces 发送悄悄话 (2593 bytes) () 08/28/2022 postreply 18:59:24

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!