I made a system disk for S10e I bought last month, but it's XP.

来源: LAChinese 2010-07-02 15:16:34 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2037 bytes)
How to make S10 recovery disks

Here's how to make a bootable Windows XP Home Install disk using your i386 folder and nLite.

1. Make a source folder on the computer you plan on running nLite from. I called this Lenovo_XP_Source
2. Copy the c:i386 folder FROM THE S10(e) to the source folder you created.
3. In the source folder you created in step 1 you will need 3 files (maybe just one, but there was varying info on this so I played it safe and made all 3). These files are just empty files all of which contain the word "Windows" (no quotes). Make the following files in notepad with only the word "Windows" (no quotes) in the file:

WIN51
WIN51IC
WIN51IC.SP3

When saving in Notepad, be sure to wrap the filename in quotes to prevent notepad from appending a .txt file extension. So when you save the files save them as "WIN51", "WIN51IC", "WIN51IC.SP3". Save them to the source folder created in step 1.

4. Open nLite and point the source to the directory you created in step 1.
5. Click the "Next" button until you get to the Task Selection window. For me, all I wanted was just an XP disk for now, with no nLite modifications.
6. Click the "Bootable ISO" option in the Task Selection window. Click "Next"
7. In the Bootable ISO window give the disk a label name and click the "Make ISO" button. Save the ISO to a location somewhere to burn later.
8. Burn the ISO using your favorite ISO burning program.

Notes:
My install went fine, used the code on the bottom of the Laptop which installed and activated just fine. You'll also need the drivers from the Lenovo site, all of which are available. You will lose the One Krappy Recovery system, and also I still have not found the application that give the onscreen display when you press the green wireless button or displays on screen when you use the fn+brightness or fn+volume. I thought this was the power management app but that didn't help. If anyone knows what this is, let me know.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”