truck won’t climb up

来源: leslieking 2023-07-18 11:20:00 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4663 bytes)

“Failure is a sure fate, the combat to overcome certain failure frames a person of extraordinary characters from mandate being. “

Saturday at job site, lower parking lot, needed to go to Home Depot to pick up more concrete as thief stole some. Oh, they would come and take anything, chair, boots, wood. I have my harbor freight generator stolen years ago, chained and hid away from plain view. Recent camera saw a crew of 5 people came to try to take away my Jaguar, that one day I hope to fix the no reverse.

truck was on 4x4 low, climbing up and driving the less steep gravel dirt road has been always risky but we eventually ok exit. truck rushed to the must pass, about 17 degree or 30 percent grade, it stopped and truck just revved and went side way inches down, but not up, the dust from underneath the hood reminded video of exploded diesel engine. I backed down to the parking lot.

2nd attemp was to pick up a slight different path hoping truck would grab and go up. it stoped and went side way, only a foot away from nearby oak tree. Putting down to lower gear didn’t change.

3rd attemp was to back the truck as far as space is allowed to give about 20 ft distance to speed and climb up the steep slope. Huge dust and smell of burned something, I realized no way I can climb up and out.

Sun was getting down. Weather was warm not as bad as the triple degree the prior weekend. I had to stop and perhaps got up and out to public road and call a tow truck, like I did years ago when I hauled the water tank under heavy rain, I was stuck on a small slope, mud, in cold January California winter.

Maybe the heat has turned up the gravel making the road more slippery?

The charging port to the 12 v refrigerator failed, I had to take out the Weboost port so I can keep water and food cold. In hot weather, being hydrated and containing the heat is more critical than getting data and browse non essential virtual contents, like text msg, a fine tune, some random news that catches my mind. Nay, if I am really bored, I can play my favorite songs I saved to the phone. Fixing a broken parts turned out a complete failure. By the time I got to the truck bed, it was already past midnight.

I was looking at the truck while trying to enjoy my morning coffee. Yay, I’d better enjoy the moment whenever I can, cool morning breeze, sun was up and not yet hot. I can hear occasional car passing the gravel road from the other road, looking up from my next door neighbors lot. I can always look up, into the blue sky, it’s always a beauty especially night when the northern stars fall onto me, 5 times of the two starts that makes the 北斗七星,I can always locate the Polaris, the true north. Yay, I made a road sign, STARRY Bay, how shall I not enjoy.

Did I turn on the wheel hub? I sure I did like I usually come to the lot, stop, walk down and up the gravel road, lock the wheel, turn on the 4x4 low gear and off I go down to the road. Passing the first steep down hill, down and see from side angel of the 2500 gallon water tank, down to the steep spot and sharp turn and steep slope down to the lower parking lot.

Did I lock the wheel? I stared at the wheel, I got up and turned and wheel hub, a faded notch and verbiage “auto”, or “lock”. I turned to another position and repeat for the passenger side front wheel. I packed tools, tidied up the laundry basket to store away the portable cooking stove, propane can, water pot for uncontaminated hot water for morning coffee, putting away the folding table and chair. Gosh, those thieves, I wish I had an underground space to store and lock and hide from the thief’s crooked eyes and sick mind.

I backed to same spot to give a bit more space to create force and momentum. Truck was in drive mode, it went up to the slope, w no hesitantance, empty tire turning, it went up to the lesser steep section of the second gravel road. It was up all out to the upper parking lot, whew! I made it out, unscathed.

It was the damn wheel lock I did not turn on, how stupid I was. Given the many things in mind, and strength in body and mind, I gave myself a laugh and pat on the shoulder, take it easy, bro.

I told myself to do a few things to avoid truck not able to climb up, shall I have a winch so I can pull out? Time to change the Toyo tires as they have served 5 yrs over 50k miles. And the ultimate steep road fix is to pour concrete so truck will climb, and eventually for the 2 wheel drive car, like son’s Tesla.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”