Sprinter won't start after positive battery terminal touched met

来源: leslieking 2020-05-26 09:27:43 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1225 bytes)

MB Sprinter 2013 3500 RV, I rented for trip to Yellowstone from 5/21-26.

truck had a check engine light on past Saturday morning after driving in cold snowy Wyoming for three hours.  RV drove fine, we stopped and asked owner for advice. 

I managed to find the battery cable and touched the positive terminal with a nearby metal.  It created a spark.  This single act of old fashion reset battery has caused $$$ of loss.  We rented a car and a hotel room, owner is on the way to get the RV towed to a MB dealership.  

I have done all I could by checking the fuses, in particular the starter fuse, all the dozens of fuses were fine.  

I then checked the fuse relay, and located the starter relay.  Uber to find parts and found RV won't start either.

The last thing I checked was the fuse link.  I finally found the physical battery that sits under the driver side underneath the floor mat.  The 30 amp fuse was fine.

All still up in the air as the RV is being towed away.  It’s a deadly touch, that I shall learn this lesson. 

所有跟帖: 

communication controller and fuel injection module fried per own -leslieking- 给 leslieking 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/02/2020 postreply 06:41:00

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!