回复:反光镜被碰掉了。It's an EASY DIY job

来源: qw6467 2011-02-10 09:12:54 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1125 bytes)
回答: 反光镜被碰掉了。loves2011-02-09 19:27:59

DIY of course. This is a very easy work.Newer year models of Camry changed the electrical plug behind the small triangle plastic panel, so you don't need to open the door panel to unhook and hook the electrical connection.

Use a flathead screw driver covered with electrical tape (to avoid scratches) and pry off the triangle plastic cover inside the door; the cover is just oposite the rearview mirror. You will see the three nuts fastening the mirror on the metal and electrical connection. Unhook the harness and uncrew the nuts, the broken mirror should come off. The metal piece on the door may already popped outward a bit due to the impact. Use a hammer to hit it back flat, and you are ready to put a new mirror in place.

Buy an OEM mirror of same color at a Toyota dealer.Put it back in and there will be no sign of damage on the door.

I don't think you can glue the broken plastic parts for long period of use. I have seen some glue repaired rearview mirrors. They did not fit the place snugly and looked ugly. I don't think you should do that kind of repair on your lovely new Camry.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”