car accident claim

这里的大虾比较多,想问一下这种情况应该怎样处理: I live in Delaware, 去年十二月,我在并右转道的时候, 后面的校车 (yellow school bus) 速度很快, 撞上我 (I drive a Honda Civic, I didn’t see the school bus), 警察判我错 because the school bus already on the lane. The damage on my car was very bad: school bus 的左前轮的螺丝钉插进我车右前轮 (because the height of the school bus) and the passenger’s door was damaged. The school bus was fine. I didn’t report the car accident to my insurance company since I only have liability insurance, and it was not worth to repair my car (totally need over $4000-5000 to fixed the door) and I only changed the front tire. I didn’t expect the school bus driver (a black lady) would claim anything since after the accident, my insurance company didn’t contact me to confirm anything. However, this August, I received a bill from the school bus driver’s insurance company which had $800 doctor visiting bill, and they told me that I should contact my insurance company and make the payment. What I understand is that if the school bus drive want to claim anything, should she call my insurance company and got a claim number? Obviously that she didn’t report to my insurance company and didn’t have a claim number. My question is: it was my fault in the car accident, if I didn’t claim anything, should I still report the accident to my insurance company? Or the other party report the accident if she want to claim? Thanks.

所有跟帖: 

回复:car accident claim -victormao- 给 victormao 发送悄悄话 victormao 的博客首页 (80 bytes) () 10/04/2009 postreply 20:34:02

I dont think so. It was your fault if the bus was on the lane. -千山我独行- 给 千山我独行 发送悄悄话 千山我独行 的博客首页 (1 bytes) () 10/05/2009 postreply 02:27:23

Agree... OP's fault -internuts- 给 internuts 发送悄悄话 internuts 的博客首页 (111 bytes) () 10/05/2009 postreply 13:30:13

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!