You might start from a tune-up

When you are waiting for green light, your foot is on brake, reversely it adds a resistance to engine. If your engine dies, that indicates that your engine is very weak, can't take load in idle. If you put the gear in 'P', I bet your engine will run fine, just like when you first start engine in the morning.

A weak engine can be caused by many things - maybe spark plugs being too old or out of gap, cables maybe not conducting as they should, air filter and fuel filter may be blocked resulting in choke..., or worst yet, your cylinder rings may be worn severely resulting in compression loss... 110kmi isn't too high, but who knows how the maintenance history of this car was. I have known an Accord owned by a friend who didn't do regular maintenance as required, when the car was in 60kmi, the condition was like a 150kmi of otherwise. He sold his car but the buyer wouldn't have known the facts, right?

If I were you, I would start from raising the idle speed, if still, follow up with a tune-up, DIY if you can, or have a reputable small shop do it.

所有跟帖: 

another possibility is TCC engaged at idle in "D" position.回复:Yo -fixanycars- 给 fixanycars 发送悄悄话 fixanycars 的博客首页 (173 bytes) () 08/26/2009 postreply 21:39:38

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!