Yes, 车冷胎压和热胎压要差很大, about 5 PSI

来源: internuts 2009-01-29 14:28:00 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1582 bytes)
The nominal psi labelled on tires or car doors referred to cold. You should pump up the tires when the car has not been driven for at least 1 hour in winter (in summer it could be much longer); basically it means when tire temperature is the same of that in ambience, ideally in early morning.

By the way, be aware of the following factors:
(1) Always check max PSI for each tire before pumping. Some times tires may be changed due to flat or other causes.

(2) For most all season radial tires, car manual and car door recommend 29-35 psi tire pressure, that is a compromise of gas mileage, comfortability, tire longivity and risk factors. However, per individual preferences, the number can be changed - if you want to have better gas mileage, you can set the pressure higher; if you drive on highway a lot, the pressure can be higher; if you are driving on buddy road, you shouldn't over pumpped. The bottom line is - never put the tire pressure above the TIRE MAX psi allowed.

My tires are max 51 psi and I am driving in sunny SoCal, and on highways a lot, so I normally pump my tires to 42 psi.

(2) Check tire pressure often - believe it or not, the pressure can be lost quite fast. You should check tire pressure every two weeks, or once a month as the longest. The low tire pressure really kills your gas mileage.

(3) Buy an electric pump, it pays itself - the gas you saved will offset the cost of the pump. In Harbor Freight, there is a good one around $20 on sale, large volume which means quicker pump-up, very solic design.

所有跟帖: 

Typo - buddy road --> muddy road -internuts- 给 internuts 发送悄悄话 internuts 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/29/2009 postreply 14:32:01

Typo - solic design --> solid design -internuts- 给 internuts 发送悄悄话 internuts 的博客首页 (83 bytes) () 01/29/2009 postreply 14:55:57

there is a good one around $20 --which one? thx -Biker- 给 Biker 发送悄悄话 Biker 的博客首页 (44 bytes) () 01/29/2009 postreply 15:09:03

It's like this one in the link -internuts- 给 internuts 发送悄悄话 internuts 的博客首页 (176 bytes) () 01/29/2009 postreply 15:35:17

Not the same one though -internuts- 给 internuts 发送悄悄话 internuts 的博客首页 (429 bytes) () 01/29/2009 postreply 15:41:43

Thank you so much! You are my hero :-) Will get one tomorrow -Biker- 给 Biker 发送悄悄话 Biker 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/29/2009 postreply 23:00:50

回复:Yes, 车冷胎压和热胎压要差很大, about 5 PSI -weiyi- 给 weiyi 发送悄悄话 weiyi 的博客首页 (74 bytes) () 01/29/2009 postreply 18:07:13

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”