很久前,打着火,断电池负级线可判断发电机的好坏。现在千万别这么做。

来源: 色大胆小 2008-03-25 09:52:59 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2404 bytes)
Dear Tom and Ray:

To do a quick check on an alternator, I was told that you could start the car and then remove the negative battery cable. Doing this would allow you to check whether the alternator is putting out enough current to run the vehicle. If the engine cuts off, it is a sure sign that the alternator has died. What are your thoughts? Is this a car fire or blown fuse waiting to happen? Could this spike the electrical system and cause serious damage to the vehicle? One friend said that this could be traumatic to the car's electrical system. I am curious to know whether this is a good test. I've searched high and low, and I can't find anything concrete. -- Cory

Ray: You might need to be standing behind something concrete when you try this, Cory.

Tom: Actually, you can stand near the car, but you'll want to have your wallet out and at the ready. You'll certainly fry the voltage regulator, and possibly the alternator and other electronic components, too.

Ray: Here are the basics. The car's battery is just there to power the starter and get the car started. It took the place of the crank (which my brother, no doubt, remembers).

Tom: Yeah. I was married to her for 15 years.

Ray: Once the car starts, the battery's job is done. Electricity to fire the spark plugs then comes from the alternator, which is powered by the engine. And in fact, any additional current that the alternator makes is used to recharge the resting battery.

Tom: So in the old days, your test WOULD work. You'd disconnect the battery, and if the alternator and voltage regulator were working, the car would keep running. If they weren't working, and the engine needed power from the battery to run the spark plugs, the engine would die.

Ray: But when manufacturers switched from mechanical voltage regulators to electronic regulators, the test stopped working. How do we know this? Because of all the voltage regulators we've fried!

Tom: You take the battery cable off, you say, "Hey, it's still running ..." PFOOOFFF! "... What was that?"

Ray: So if you're concerned about your alternator (if your battery or generator light is coming on), take your car to a shop and ask your mechanic to do an alternator output test. It'll cost you a few bucks, but it's a lot cheaper than a new voltage regulator.

所有跟帖: 

看完这帖吓了一跳。如果电池的电极松了岂不坏事。 -EPC- 给 EPC 发送悄悄话 (342 bytes) () 03/25/2008 postreply 12:37:19

没有要吓你的意思呀:-)是告诉大家要小心,知识更新忒快。跟不上易出问题。 -色大胆小- 给 色大胆小 发送悄悄话 色大胆小 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/25/2008 postreply 13:27:16

I do not think it is true -biglow- 给 biglow 发送悄悄话 biglow 的博客首页 (184 bytes) () 03/25/2008 postreply 15:57:59

没那么严重 -three- 给 three 发送悄悄话 (473 bytes) () 03/25/2008 postreply 17:20:37

I have done it to many cars, including new cars -austman- 给 austman 发送悄悄话 austman 的博客首页 (134 bytes) () 03/25/2008 postreply 18:08:35

楼上几位砖家,多谢教导。专家多了就不知听谁的好。TOM,RAY当修车专家年头最长 -色大胆小- 给 色大胆小 发送悄悄话 色大胆小 的博客首页 (46 bytes) () 03/26/2008 postreply 06:25:39

文章主要的一点对了,就是不要断开电池. -chinomango- 给 chinomango 发送悄悄话 (307 bytes) () 03/26/2008 postreply 11:34:11

I agree with this -biglow- 给 biglow 发送悄悄话 biglow 的博客首页 (101 bytes) () 03/26/2008 postreply 12:57:01

同意.又:断开电池有些存储的内容没了,有的车防盗系统不允许断开. -chinomango- 给 chinomango 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/26/2008 postreply 13:56:21

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”