Let me do it in detail for you.

来源: Bonbon330S 2005-12-08 18:10:51 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2319 bytes)
回答: Let's do some calculations...Bonbon330S2005-12-08 14:25:00
I assume you know what Force is. Its unit is commonly Newton, or kg * meter / second^2. This comes from the famous formula F = m * A, where A = dV / dt.

If you have a rotating body and look at a point at a distance R (unit: meter) from the center, a force F applied to this point along the tangential direction of rotation causes a torque Q = F * R. Its unit is commonly in (Newton * meter). In the US, it's converted into (lb * ft), where lb is not a unit for mass, but a unit for force here.

The important thing to remember is that if two surfaces have a contact point and there is no slippage, then the forces on the two surfaces are equal at that point.

So, we have directly from the definition of torque:

(1) Torque_at_wheel = Force_at_wheel * Radius_of_wheel.

Now, consider two gears, A and B, joined at a point P. Suppose B's radius is K, and A's radius is 1. Since A makes K rotations for every rotation of B, K is the gear ratio. At the contact point P, since there is no slippage, the force on A must be equal to the force on B. Let F be this force. Then:

Torque_A = F * Radius_A = F * 1,
Torque_B = F * Radius_B = F * K.

Thus Torque_B = Torque_A * K, magnified by the gear ratio.

Next, consider two gears A and B joined at the center by a common shaft that forces them to rotate at the same speed. We have Torque_A = Torque_B, obviously.

There are obviously many gears and shafts that connect the engine's output disc (fly wheel) ultimately to the wheel, but if K is their combined gear ratio, then:

(2) Torque_at_wheel = K * Torque_at_engine.

It's simply that.

Energy conservation has nothing to do with this. Let's imagine we confine the car so that it cannot move, and put conveyor belts under the wheels, and apply a frictional force under the conveyor belts. If I twist the engine with my hands, the puny little torque I generate cannot overcome the friction force under the belts to cause the belt to move or the wheels to turn. Since there is no motion, I am obviously doing zero work and rpm remains constantly zero. But do you claim that I am not transfering any force to the wheels? You'll feel my force if you are asked to provide the frictional force under the belts with your hands.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”