哈佛新女校长claudine gay's 的研究重点是黑人和移民。呼吁开放言论自由的校友还是等等

来源: yzout 2022-12-15 17:01:39 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1855 bytes)

claudine gay':我的研究兴趣是美国政治行为、公众舆论、少数民族政治以及城市和地方政治。 我的研究考虑了少数族裔公职人员的选举如何影响公民对政府的看法以及他们对政治和公共事务的兴趣等问题; 邻里环境如何影响美国黑人的种族和政治态度; 少数群体之间竞争与合作的根源,特别关注美国黑人和拉丁美洲人之间的关系; 移民政治融合的过程; 以及住房流动计划对穷人政治参与的影响,借鉴“转向机会”示范计划的证据。 我将许多这些兴趣带到了我的本科生和研究生的建议和教学中,包括我的后民权黑人政治课程; 民主公民; 种族、民族和移民政治.

My research interests are in the fields of American political behavior, public opinion, minority politics, and urban and local politics. My research has considered, among other issues, how the election of minority officeholders affects citizens' perceptions of their government and their interest in politics and public affairs; how neighborhood environments shape racial and political attitudes among Black Americans; the roots of competition and cooperation between minority groups, with a particular focus on relations between Black Americans and Latinos; processes of immigrant political incorporation; and the consequences of housing mobility programs for political participation among the poor, drawing on evidence from the Moving To Opportunity demonstration program. I bring many of these interests to my undergraduate and graduate advising and teaching, including my courses on Post-Civil Rights Black Politics; Democratic Citizenship; and Politics of Race, Ethnicity and Immigration (co-taught with Jennifer Hochschild). 

所有跟帖: 

研究的兴趣方向现在很热也很重要。两个党派都绕不过这个话题。她自己就是海地移民,所以研究黑人和拉美国家关系也很顺理成章。 -gossipgirl8- 给 gossipgirl8 发送悄悄话 gossipgirl8 的博客首页 (69 bytes) () 12/15/2022 postreply 17:06:52

海地黑人好像很早就民主独立建国? -兔8- 给 兔8 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/15/2022 postreply 17:19:16

最早应该是法国殖民过吧。 -gossipgirl8- 给 gossipgirl8 发送悄悄话 gossipgirl8 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/15/2022 postreply 17:28:08

呼吁开放言论自由的校友还是等等 -raymn- 给 raymn 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/15/2022 postreply 18:10:32

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”