看看一个住在旧金山人的评论。 再补充一个数据,旧金山应该是美国防止COVID最好的大城市。

来源: voiceofme 2022-02-05 15:32:01 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (4744 bytes)

Joining this conversation late. I wish this analysis provided more than just conjecture, and offered realistic solutions.

1) Property (not violent) crime IS excessive in San Francisco. That is a major error in this whole analysis. Regardless, property crime is a real problem, and SF does need to deal with it. IMO, I agree with the cited causes problems associated with the poor relationship between Chesa Boudin and the SFPD and lack of police resources (the problem is when we have overstretched police with absurd responsibilities, not because we have too many. Defund the police is a dumb slogan). The other driver is organized crime and insane inequality.

2) Drug Addiction is a serious threat to SF society. This analysis conflates drug use and property crime. These aren’t the same problem, they are two different problems. Giving out hypodermic needles has been proven time after time to be effective in harm reduction without increasing drug addiction. For people who believe more guns doesn’t mean more people will commit gun related crimes, i’m surprised this isn’t obvious. SF does need to be tougher on banning public drug use, and enforcing proper needle disposal. Forced rehabilitation can be the consequence for not obeying.

Coming from someone who has lived in a Republican area of NJ (25+ yrs), then a republican area of Indiana(4 years), then manhattan (12 months), then central London(9 months), then suburbs of Austin Texas (1.5 yrs), then Suburbs of Raleigh North Carolina(6 months) and now for the past 7 years in San Francisco. There is a different culture in each of these areas with trade-offs that match the people who live there. I am a firm believer that there is no city in the world that provides the talented and hungry the opportunity San Francisco does. In that sense, there is no city in the world as American as San Francisco, where nobility/royalty/pedigree don’t matter and capitalism is at an extreme. The paltry extra taxes you pay are if you weren’t talented enough to be starting your own business, collecting shares as an owner in a growing business, etc.

So everyone stop hating each other, and just learn to capitalize on the differences in culture within America

所有跟帖: 

旧金山首先是高科技,金融重镇,然后才是其它的,,, -tt10- 给 tt10 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/05/2022 postreply 15:38:10

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”