甜柠檬

来源: Frankie1211 2021-10-31 17:31:00 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (8264 bytes)

自上了大学,女儿就不怎么写日记和故事性的文章了。但我一直喜欢看她以前写的东西。空闲时就借Google帮助自己翻译出来看看,也算是对往事烟云美好时光的追忆。

女儿八年级暑假在德州圣安东尼奥Trinity University参加杜克大学夏令营,写作课堂上有一篇练习作文,女儿回来说上课老师很喜欢。我后来每次读起来,也觉得有味道。这篇文章是基于真实的经历和一定的想象力回忆她姨姥的一生。

女儿的姨姥因为所处时代家庭环境等等因素一生生活不幸,早年离婚,后来一直独身把儿子抚养长大,最后几年精神恍惚,在儿子快要结婚时突然患乳腺癌离世,才五十多岁。女儿在一两岁的时候由她帮忙带过一段时间,因此有还留有不少印象。她姨姥一生中的一些生活经历偶尔在我们家被聊起来,大概是这些只言片语给女儿留下很深的印象。女儿在文章中通过一些关键的人物对话和简言几语就把她姨姥生命中最重要的几个阶段描述出来,并且栩栩如生,令我欣赏。

她大概想通过叙述她姨姥艰难辛苦的一生想说明,尽管有的人过得像柠檬一样有酸苦,但生命中依然留下弥足珍贵的东西,而这些爱和美的东西总让人难忘和感动。女儿的姥姥每次读起这篇叙述她妹妹的文章时都会落泪甚至哭上一场。

甜柠檬

当生活给你柠檬时,有时它会永远会伴随着你的一生。

我的姨姥就是这样,一生中永远都生活的不容易。她是家里五个孩子的第二个孩子,她小时候从来没有在上床前吃饱过肚子。当她差不多十岁的时候,她的父亲被政府送到农村去劳动改造。她父亲流着眼泪离开了妻子和孩子们,没人想到这一去他们竟然二十年都没有见到父亲。

“当然,当我丈夫离开的时候,我们生活非常艰难”,她母亲说。“但是那并不意味着我们再不是一个家庭了,我依然为我的五个孩子骄傲。”

在我姨姥随后的童年时期,她是她的妈妈在一家当地银行零星打工把她和其他孩子抚养大的。她也抽时间非常努力的帮助她妈妈工作,经常忙到深夜。她经常因为在学校穿的很脏而受到嘲笑和欺负,但她依然努力的完成她的家庭作业。是的,她依然没有放弃她心爱的家庭,尽力和他们在一起,无论发生什么事情。

“她的确非常...好”,她的一位弟弟回忆起当时年轻时的情景说。“她总是在吃饭时先让我们吃,而她为了我们常常忙碌一个晚上。”

当她的妈妈不能在支持他们的时候,我的姨姥和她童年时的甜心结婚了,这时她还很年轻。然而,她的母亲从来都不同意那门婚姻。

“他不是我女儿所应该要的男人,”,她母亲常常这么说。“我根本就不信任他。”

但是我姨姥听不进去母亲的的意见,固执地拒绝了她母亲的反对。“我爱他,” 她坚持说。

在开始的几个月里,她过着童话般的生活,和他的新婚祝福周游全国。但慢慢地,他们之间产生了相互的不满。然后,她就痛苦的开始离婚,而他丈夫很快就离开了她,留给她刚刚出生不久的儿子。

在随后的日子里,她住在一个小小公寓里,含辛茹苦的抚养她的孩子。即使在她经济最困难的时候,她从来没有说不来看我。每次她来的时候,总给我带一包小吃和玩具。

“我爱你。” 我的脑海里总记得我对她这样说。"你又给我带来了这么多东西!“

后来又一次见她的时候,她的头发已经变得雪白了,还瘦了许多。终于,经历多年的伤心痛苦和艰难生活,她的精神好像也出来问题。

”总有人在我背后跟着我“,她开始常常低声的说,不时精神紧张地往后看。

她的情景使我非常难过。她已经不再是我小时候所认识的那个活泼的女人了。她一下子衰老了许多,她的前夫给她留下了痛苦的回忆,她慢慢长大的儿子也抛弃了她。

然而,她依然每次来看我时给我带来同样的小吃和玩具,前后好几年,重来没有改变。

一年后,她被查出了乳腺癌。

”我们帮不了她。” 她中国的亲戚们都说。我很震惊他们中没有人尝试着帮她。不久,她孤独地在她住了大半生的公寓里面去世。我非常伤心,我离的太远了,帮不上忙。但我总是心里安慰自己说她到了一个更好的地方。

我希望她一直记得我小时候给她说的她永远不会忘记的话。“我爱你!”

也许,柠檬也有甜味。

Sweet Lemons

When life gives you lemons, sometimes they never go away.
My great aunt had never had an easy life. She was born the second child of a family of five kids, and she never went to bed with a full stomach. When she was barely ten, her father was forced by the government to do military service. He tearfully left his kids and wife. None of them knew they wouldn’t see their father again for twenty years.

“Of course, it was hard when my husband and left,” said her mother. “But it didn’t mean we weren’t a family anymore. I still have five kids I can be proud of.”
For the rest of her childhood, my great aunt was raised by her mother, who scraped an earning working at the local bank. She worked hard for her mother at part time jobs, often in late hours. Because of that, she was bullied in school for her dirty clothes, and she struggled to keep up with her homework. Still, she didn’t give up for her loving family, pledging to be there for them no matter what happened to her.

“She’s just…really kind,” said one of her brothers when they were younger. “She would always give us her meal first, and she worked through entire nights for us.”
When her mother could no longer support her, my great aunt married her childhood sweetheart at a young age. However, her mother never approved of the marriage.
“He isn’t the right man for my daughter,” she used to say. “I don’t trust him.”

But my great aunt stubbornly refused to listen.

“I love him,” she had insisted. For the first couple months, she lived her fairy tale, touring China with her new husband and. But over time, resentment grew between them. They had a bitter divorce, and he left soon after, leaving her with her newborn son.
For years afterwards, she raised her son alone in a small apartment.

Even as she struggled financially, she never failed to visit me, always bringing a huge packet of snacks and toys along with her.

“I love you.” There was a recording of me saying. “You bring me lots of stuff!”

The next time I saw her, her hair had turned snowy white and she had lost weight. Her mind had also changed, finally wearing down from years of heartbreak and difficulties.

“There’s a man following me,” she always whispered, looking nervously over her shoulder.
The sight of her saddened me. This was no longer the lively woman I knew when I was little, carefree and loving, never worrying about anything. Her old self was almost gone now, leaving only her bitter memories of her old husand and her grown son that abandoned her.

Still, she brought me the same snacks and toys she had over six years ago, this part of her never changing.

Just a year later, I found out my great aunt had gotten breast cancer.

“We can’t help her,” said my relatives in China. It shocked me that they barely tried, barely wanted to help. She passed away alone and isolated in the apartment she lived in most of her life.

It hurt that I was too far away to help, but also comforting that she was in a better place. I hope she still remembers the words I said when I was young, that she will always remember. “I love you.”

Maybe lemons can be sweet, after all.

所有跟帖: 

八年级的时候才十三四岁吧?伤感而细腻,儿童的心更容易感受到善良的灵魂 -consgardener- 给 consgardener 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/31/2021 postreply 17:37:46

Touched -成功的兔- 给 成功的兔 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/31/2021 postreply 17:40:07

好文笔!今天和孩子视频,她说自己这个学期不很忙,可以天天写东西,很开心。最近挑战自己写一系列一百个字的短故事。 -可能成功的P- 给 可能成功的P 发送悄悄话 可能成功的P 的博客首页 (83 bytes) () 10/31/2021 postreply 17:49:44

我们也再鼓励她有时间继续写作和日记,她总是推脱说忙。其实是懒和喜欢玩。哈哈 -Frankie1211- 给 Frankie1211 发送悄悄话 Frankie1211 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/01/2021 postreply 04:47:04

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”