实话实说:SAVA的原始数据是否被操控?

来源: FirstInfo 2021-08-31 16:12:04 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (7861 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ FirstInfo ] 在 2021-08-31 16:13:41 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

2021 年 7 月 26 日SAVA在科罗拉多州丹佛举行的阿尔茨海默病协会国际会议 (AAIC) 上发布的海报:

Web reference:https://www.cassavasciences.com/static-files/0854aec6-59b3-4e2b-ac20-c32b7c307b08

Dr. Elizabeth Bik 对上面SAVA发表的海报的评论 (全文英文评论链接):

“Discrepancies between Figures 4  and 5:

The poster states that 64 patients were included in the study, and randomly assigned to three groups. There are no details given about how many patients were assigned to each group, but we would expect roughly 20 people per group. Yet, Figure 4 only shows 20, 15, and 17 data points for the placebo, 50 mg, and 100 mg Simufilam groups, respectively. This is a total of 52 patients. What happened to the 12 other patients? If fewer data points from the treatment groups are reported, does this mean that data points from the treatment groups have been left out? It would be nice if Cassava scientists could explain what happened with those 12 patients who appear to have dropped out of the study. While Figure 4 shows 20/15/17 (sum=52) data points for the three groups, Figure 5 appears to show 18/15/18 data points (sum=51). The numbers of the placebo and 100 mg treatment groups therefore do not match. This is a minor issue, but the color scheme confusingly changes from Figure 4 to Figure 5. While the 50 mg Simufilam remains blue, the placebo group switches from red to green and the 100 mg Simufilam group switches from green to red. The biggest concern is that some of the data points do not seem to match up between the two figures. Of particular note, in Figure 5, the P-tau181 value from a patient in the 100 mg treatment group went up from ~2.1 to ~5.2 pg/ml, which is an increase of 150%. In other words, one of the patients in the 100 mg treatment group showed a large increase of the Alzheimer’s disease biomarker . Yet, this particular data point is missing in the 100 mg treatment group in Figure 4. Instead, the 150% increase data point is included in the placebo group."

中文翻译:

图 4 和图 5 之间的差异

海报指出:64 名患者被纳入研究,并随机分配到三组。没有详细说明每组分配了多少患者。但我们预计每组大约有 20 人。然而,图 4 仅分别显示了安慰剂、50 毫克和 100 毫克 Simufilam 组的 20、15 和 17 个数据点。这总共是52名患者。其他 12 名患者后来怎么样了?如果报告的治疗组数据点较少,这是否意味着排除了治疗组的数据点?如果木薯科学家能够解释这 12 名似乎退出研究的患者发生了什么,那就太好了。

虽然图 4 显示了三组的 20/15/17(总和 = 52)个数据点,但图 5 似乎显示了 18/15/18 个数据点(总和 = 51)。因此,安慰剂组和 100 mg 治疗组的数量不匹配。
    这是一个小问题,但配色方案令人困惑地从图 4 变为图 5。虽然 50 mg Simufilam 保持蓝色,但安慰剂组从红色切换到绿色,而 100 mg Simufilam 组从绿色切换到红色。

最令人担忧的是,两个数字之间的某些数据点似乎并不匹配。特别值得注意的是,在图 5 中,100 毫克治疗组患者的 P-tau181 值从 ~2.1 升至 ~5.2 pg/ml,增加了 150%。换句话说,100 毫克治疗组中的一名患者的阿尔茨海默病生物标志物显着增加。然而,图 4 中的 100 毫克治疗组中缺少该特定数据点。相反,安慰剂组中包含了 150% 增加的数据点。换句话说,100 毫克治疗组中的一名患者的阿尔茨海默病生物标志物显着增加。然而,图 4 中的 100 毫克治疗组中缺少该特定数据点。相反,安慰剂组中包含了 150% 增加的数据点。

。。。。。。

“Please note that I am not suggesting here that moving this data point from the treatment group to the placebo group was done on purpose. Mistakes can happen, in particular if there is a rush to publish, and I do not know exactly what has happened here.“

请注意,我在这里并不是建议将这个数据点从治疗组转移到安慰剂组是故意进行的。错误可能会发生,特别是如果急于发布,我不知道这里到底发生了什么。

"Disclosures

I do not own any Cassava Sciences stock, nor stock from other pharmaceutical companies that might be working on competing drugs. I was not involved in the publication of the Labaton Sucharow report, and only heard about this case on August 25, after it was discussed on Twitter here and here. I was not paid by any pharmaceutical company or specific person to investigate these allegations, to analyze these papers, or to write this post. I get donations through Patreon for my ongoing work on science integrity, but no one asked me to work on the analysis in this blog post as a condition for their donation. This post is no accusation of misconduct, just a summary of image problems, some of which could be resolved if the researchers can show the original data. This post is not meant to be financial advice. I am a scientist specializing in photographic scientific figures, and I know almost nothing about the stock market."

披露:

我不拥有任何 Cassava Sciences 的股票,也没有其他可能从事竞争药物研发的制药公司的股票。
     我没有参与 Labaton Sucharow 报告的发布,只是在 8 月 25 日听说了这个案例,之后在 Twitter 上讨论了这里和这里。
     我没有得到任何制药公司或特定人员的报酬来调查这些指控、分析这些论文或撰写这篇文章。
     我通过 Patreon 获得捐款,用于我正在进行的科学诚信工作,但没有人要求我将这篇博文中的分析作为他们捐款的条件。
     这篇文章不是对不当行为的指责,只是对图像问题的总结,如果研究人员能够展示原始数据,其中一些问题是可以解决的。
     这篇文章不是财务建议。 我是一名专门研究摄影科学人物的科学家,我对股市几乎一无所知。

信息分享。不是投资建议!

闭嘴

所有跟帖: 

看上去数据不假,只是不全啊. 也许有合理解释,只是不愿意说? -Clivias007- 给 Clivias007 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/31/2021 postreply 16:36:37

poster错误常见。但也显示出数据处理不严格。这么多人署名居然没发现? -huntridge- 给 huntridge 发送悄悄话 huntridge 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/31/2021 postreply 17:08:30

可以肯定:SAVA的原始数据没有造假! -FirstInfo- 给 FirstInfo 发送悄悄话 FirstInfo 的博客首页 (452 bytes) () 08/31/2021 postreply 18:16:05

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”