从quora抄来滴,好像是老韩,看看他如何回答T5悲剧后,去了博客李滴回忆,还晒了小两口照片LOL

来源: 金一位 2020-12-30 15:29:44 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (16805 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 金一位 ] 在 2020-12-30 15:31:03 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Yes, I was most bitter not getting accepted to Stanford, MIT, and Caltech. However, after we bought our home at Irvine almost free, I realize that I would have been homeless if I were to go to Stanford, MIT, and Caltech. If you are an Out-of-State student for 4 years at Berkeley, you still save around 2 Kia Fortes in terms of costs. That’s $40,000 compared to Stanford, MIT or Caltech. For me, I paid as a California resident for 3 years out of 4 years during the 1990’s.

Second, the weather at Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and MIT is just awful compared the weather at Berkeley. I came from a high school at Oak Ridge, Tennessee. I am just amazed at the weather in California, and my family in Tennessee decided to move to California with me when they are utterly jealous because of the weather in California. I was very bitter in not getting into MIT, but the weather at Berkeley is perfect. This is why I learned to stop complaining about my rejection at MIT.

Last, the girl-guy ratio at MIT and Caltech were terrible when I had applied to those schools during the 1990’s. Berkeley is far more well-rounded atmosphere. If I went to MIT or Caltech, I do not believe I would have married my wife who looks like a K-Pop star from South Korea. By the way, it is NOT the reason why I have married my wife. When I was at Cal, I realize that women are people too. They have feelings and their frustrations like the rest of all human beings. I thought it is about us (men) versus them (women) before I went to Berkeley. Well, I was dead wrong when I talked to the women at Berkeley. If I have any advice for all of you guys, remember that women are people too. Don’t focus on beautiful looking women. This is the biggest turn-off for many women. How would you feel if a woman likes you for your job or money? Focus on their character. Try to build relationships with woman as people, not as your enemy. Try to be a friend.

Most of the professors at Stanford got their Ph.D. at UC Berkeley while most of the professors at UC Berkeley got their Ph.D. at Stanford. Both schools do cross hire. Stanford is really a Berkeley education at 3 times at a higher cost while Berkeley is a Stanford education for 3 times at a lower cost.

所有跟帖: 

现在不一样了。大藤按比例招女孩。 -Changshi- 给 Changshi 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/30/2020 postreply 15:39:49

8,90年代華人上藤容易 -violinpiano- 给 violinpiano 发送悄悄话 (223 bytes) () 12/30/2020 postreply 15:39:49

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”