为MCAT受困的孩子,觉得其父母是亚裔吗

来源: 嘴大吃八方 2020-09-03 16:51:56 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (12620 bytes)

来自父母的压力太大了。

Hello All,
This is going to be pretty raw and detailed so thanks in advance for taking the time to read it. I am a recent graduate of a top 20 school, having completed my final class in September of 2019. My gpa is a 3.83 and my science gpa is a 3.77. I have had unfortunate experiences with the mcat and that's what my post is going to be about.

The summer of my junior year of college, I signed up for a prep course but I underestimated the material that would be required for the exam (having not completed physiology or Psych) and so I just feel behind quickly and was unable to take my exam that september. I told my parents and they were so disappointed but I told them that I know now what I need to study and so I can take it in January and I'll be fine. Well with my classes, I was unable to study and january came and I had no heart to tell them that I wasn't ready. So I took the exam and voided it. They were once again extremely sad and dejected but I told them that for sure I will take it in March, having taken on an easier course load. Obviously, once again it was just too much and I couldn't take the exam. I told them I voided it again and that too was another source of sadness.
Ultimately, I told them that I wasn't ready to apply this cycle and that I would need to take a gap year to study while assuring them that with no distractions, I can score very high and make up for all this failure. I started studying the October following my graduation and even though I mastered physiology, and the rest of the subjects, I wasn't able to get through psych in time for my january exam. Another postponement to March. This was the time I finished my content fully and felt good but COVID came and yeah everything was delayed.

I continued to review content over and over and I just ran myself into the ground. July came when I was supposed to be takign the exam and I forgot some of the content so I sadly began lying to my parents that my exam scores were decent, when the kept asking me scores, when in reality I have not taken a single exam :( (I've always been so scared). Now I am at a point where my parents are thinking I will take the September 12th MCAT, and unfortunately I just ran myself into the ground studying for a year and have 0 motivation to study anymore. I finished everything and feel very comfortable with the content but with 3 weeks remaining I have not done any aamc material.

I am feeling very awful for lying to parents about my scores because they don't deserve this. It's due to my stupidity that they're in this predicament. I want to come clean and tell them everything and my initial plan was to get a good score and then break it to them. However, it just feels ordained that I won't succeed until I be honest with my parents. I know they won't take it well if I say I am not ready because it would be a year lost. They also have all family friends asking when am I going to be taking it e.t.c so I just can't imagine the shame that they'll face. But yeah I am an emotional wreck right now, my parents are praying daily for me, and I am just messing up. I just wanted to just write my story.

Iw as thinking of lying to them and saying my computer had a glitch during exam day so I have to reschedule or that they kicked me out due to covid symptoms. But I am sick of lying, I have never lied to my parents before the mcat and this is just a shame.
----------

这是一个非常得体充满善心的回复:

Hey internet stranger, we don't know each other, but I want to reach through the electrons and give you a big hug. This entire process is so long and hard, and it's completely reasonable to feel how you are feeling.

I do think you will feel better if you got honest with your parents, not only about the mcat, but also about the fact that this is your journey, your career, your life. You know what the best choices are for you, not them. I know it will be very hard to have this conversation with them, but in doing so, you can build a better and healthier relationship with them. Take your time with it, figure out what you want to say, remember to breathe. It seems they love and care about you a lot, and this won't change when you're honest with them.

And no matter what your parents are feeling, remember that you have accomplished a lot to be where you are right now! Graduating college? With a high GPA? You've done it. Preparing to study for the MCAT? Kickstarting your career in medicine? You're doing it. You are incredible and resilient.

I don't know when you're applying or when you ideally want to take the MCAT, but know that you have a lot of time. Take the time that you need, so that you can be healthy and be kind to yourself.

所有跟帖: 

赞回复 -成功的兔- 给 成功的兔 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/03/2020 postreply 16:56:44

唉。这家长当得不合格。什么时候都不能逼得孩子不敢说真话。这孩子可怜啊 -greenoasis- 给 greenoasis 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/03/2020 postreply 16:58:33

我老二什么时候考的MCAT我都不知道。这孩子也有问题, 应该告诉父母请他们不要为这事情麻烦他/她。 -WaldenPond- 给 WaldenPond 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/03/2020 postreply 17:15:32

不一定是亚裔吧,这个孩子可能就是容易紧张的类型,不该参加培训班,没用还平添压力。 -八音涧- 给 八音涧 发送悄悄话 八音涧 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/03/2020 postreply 17:18:17

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”