my 2 cents on Kumon

来源: Smart 2020-03-11 10:21:34 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1636 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ Smart ] 在 2020-03-11 10:22:15 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: 新人报到嘉绿西雅2020-03-11 10:05:20

My son is not a math kid, and so we did not expect him to compete in math competitions. At the same time, we also wanted to train him on maths, at least quicker than the pace in his school. He is not super good at maths compared to math kids, but was definately way above average than his classmates. So we chose Kumon.

The good thing is that Kumon training helped him to be leading in maths in his class. However, we noticed one major limitation and would like to remind others using Kumon. This limitation can be avoided, i believe.

Based on the Kumon style, at least in our area, students work on questions. If they cannot solve it this time, that is fine, they can work on it next week. If still not good, work on it again in the next week. It has its advantage. However, a big problem I noticed that happened to my son is that he is used to having questions that he cannot understand,  and did not work on it. In other words, he got the misunderstanding that the problem will disappear with time passing by. So even in school courses, for some difficult questions, he just ignored those questions.  We started Kumon when he was in 3rd year in elementary school and noticed the problem in middle school. He already formed the bad habbit: ignoring the tough questions. It took us some time and efforts to correct him. 

Maybe it is just my son's own problem; but I would like to remind parents here. If we knew it, we beleive we can still let him to take kumon and at the same time to pay attenetion to the problem.

My 2 cents.

所有跟帖: 

谢谢用心的分享。 -几句闲话- 给 几句闲话 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/11/2020 postreply 10:56:01

Thanks for sharing! Which grade your kiddo started on Kumon? how -嘉绿西雅- 给 嘉绿西雅 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/11/2020 postreply 10:59:58

sorry I was wrong in the original post. Probably -Smart- 给 Smart 发送悄悄话 (158 bytes) () 03/11/2020 postreply 11:02:05

对的。 在学KUMON 的两年里, 小朋友有不好的学习习惯养成。这也是我们的concern. 题目的setup有一定的规律性, -嘉绿西雅- 给 嘉绿西雅 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/11/2020 postreply 11:22:34

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”