Instead of expecting them to appreciate YOU,

来源: One1618 2018-10-27 14:42:01 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1510 bytes)
回答: 孩子越来越自私wish_best2018-10-27 10:55:28

you make a point by expressing your appreciation of THEM.

You may harbor resentment since the father dumped his responsibilities in your lap.  It shows up in the ways you interact with your kids, such as inpatience and irritability.

Gratitude is a virtue.  Many people do not like to express it because they think that would burden them with reciprocity.  If you keep reminding your kids how much you are doing for them in order for them to feel indebted, they'd be reluctant to go along.

Leave yourself out to start with.  Ask them to appreciate what they already have.  Remind them of how lucky they are to be born in this time and place.  Ask them to say "Thank you" more often.  Learn how to write a "Thank You" note (there are books on this.  Admittedly, these are father's job.)

When they bring up how caring their friend's mother is, say "Yeah, I'm sure there is a lot of love in that family.  But we have love, too.  I love you very much, that is why I am working so hard to hold this family together.  I need you to do your part.  Without the family, without each of us, there is nothing."

Treat yourself better; do not try to engender sympathy from them.  Others treat you the way you treat yourself.  Pamper yourself once in awhile, and show them how to do it.

所有跟帖: 

完全同意 -snowball123- 给 snowball123 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/27/2018 postreply 16:18:02

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”