MIT的校长,Blackstone的总裁,Google前总裁,和Alibaba的创始人在说什么,做什么?他们怎么看工程,计算,人

来源: Nerds 2018-10-15 11:32:04 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3760 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ Nerds ] 在 2018-10-15 12:26:03 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

MIT的校长,Blackstone的总裁,Google前总裁,和Alibaba的创始人在说什么,做什么?他们怎么看工程,计算,人工智能与艺术人文和社会科学

The Massachusetts Institute of Technology is taking a particularly ambitious step in preparing students to develop, and consider the implications of, artificial intelligence. It is creating a new college, backed by a planned investment of $1 billion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/15/technology/mit-college-artificial-intellige

MIT校长:

The goal of the college, said L. Rafael Reif, the president of M.I.T., is to “educate the bilinguals of the future.” He defines bilinguals as people in fields like biology, chemistry, politics, history and linguistics who are also skilled in the techniques of modern computing that can be applied to them.

Eric Schmidt:

“It’s a major fund-raising mechanism that gives M.I.T. a huge resource to apply A.I. to other fields,” said Eric Schmidt, who was the executive chairman of Alphabet, the parent company of Google, and is a visiting innovation fellow at M.I.T.

马云和Mr. Schwarzman:

At the time, Mr. Schwarzman was becoming increasingly fascinated by the debate over the opportunity and challenge presented by artificial intelligence. A lengthy conversation with Jack Ma, founder of the Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba, piqued his interest, Mr. Schwarzman recalled, and he kept talking to experts and reading.

“I became convinced that this technology was so powerful it was really going to remake a lot of the world as we know it,” he said.

人文艺术和社会科学:

That appealed to Melissa Nobles, dean of M.I.T.’s School of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, who said she saw the new college as helping non-computer scientists bring A.I. tools to their fields — “to what they really care about.”

The college, Ms. Nobles said, offers the possibility of a renewal for humanities studies at M.I.T., where students flock to computer science and engineering.

所有跟帖: 

MIT is creating a new college, backed by investment of $1 billio -Nerds- 给 Nerds 发送悄悄话 Nerds 的博客首页 (1532 bytes) () 10/15/2018 postreply 12:42:50

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”